Saving PDF's and Images from Email attachments, than texting help.

Richard Colvin

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just switched from Iphone to Note 4. I am a custom to sending myself Power Points, PDF's, and Images to my email. Than opening them on my iphone and saving the attachments which I than blast out to my team via text. Is there any way to do this on the Note 4, Ive tried many diffrent ways and none seem to work. In verizon text for attachments the options are Gallery, Documents, and Google, but none of the Files I save from Gmail to my phone make it into Gallery or Documents for me to attach to a text and send out to my team. On the Iphone this was a 5 sec task, and im sure there is a way to do this on my new Note 4 which I think is amazing.

Any help would be great!

LT Colvin, Richard US Army.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I just switched from Iphone to Note 4. I am a custom to sending myself Power Points, PDF's, and Images to my email. Than opening them on my iphone and saving the attachments which I than blast out to my team via text. Is there any way to do this on the Note 4, Ive tried many diffrent ways and none seem to work. In verizon text for attachments the options are Gallery, Documents, and Google, but none of the Files I save from Gmail to my phone make it into Gallery or Documents for me to attach to a text and send out to my team. On the Iphone this was a 5 sec task, and im sure there is a way to do this on my new Note 4 which I think is amazing.

Any help would be great!

LT Colvin, Richard US Army.

I didn't know the iPhone could do Power Point files and PDFs as attachments in the Messaging/iMessage app. I just tried on my wife's iPhone 5 and don't see the option.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know the iPhone could do Power Point files and PDFs as attachments in the Messaging/iMessage app. I just tried on my wife's iPhone 5 and don't see the option.

This. @OP - Would you be able to elaborate more? I never heard of someone texting PDFs to people -- Email sure.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that somehow the PPTs and PDFs are actually image files.

Richard Colvin

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Sure,

On my old Iphone you would simply open the attachment and copy the image, than open your text and paste the image and send. In the Army we operate off images and powerpoints all the time. We use alot of Text Groups for all leaders, and if new Images are sent out over Outlook, I would send them to my Gmail. From Gmail open on the Iphone and hold my finder on the image copy or share to the text group and send. This was a wonderful tool since in the Military people are always out doing things and away from Computers but also still need the key information.

I simply just need to be able to send the attachments from Gmail to my Text Group. I know this can be done from gallery, its just how to get attachments into Gallery?

Thank you all again.