12-10-2015 07:38 PM
28 12
tools
    i tried lots of apps with the not 4 to scan documents into pdf files
    but all of the app add a watermark of itself on the bottom of the documents as a commercial
    is there any free app that do it perfectly with no any other watermark?!!!

p.s. also a good app for answering machine directly in the note 4....?!
    12-05-2014 08:55 AM
    Have you tried ScanWritr? It is a Photo to PDF scan app, it allows editing of the doc, too. The Pro version has a few more features and no banner ads on the screen. I don't remember it adding a watermark to my docs.

Also, Google Drive has a PDF Scan to Drive from a photo. The major weakness right now, however, is that it doesn't allow editing.

Not sure what you're asking for the last app. Can you be more specific?
    plumcrazy and Vanaia like this.
    12-05-2014 08:58 AM
    Try CamScanner or the License version. I don't remember any watermarks and gets great reviews.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    12-05-2014 09:49 AM
    camscanner lives always watermarks

any help for free app with no watermark ??
    12-08-2014 03:10 PM
    I don't get watermarks with the CamScanner free version and haven't for a few years but it is printed in the lower left hand corner "scanned by CamScanner".
    12-08-2014 03:58 PM
    yes thats exactly what i ment....!
    is there any other app that does not add this things ??
    12-08-2014 08:23 PM
    I don't get watermarks with the CamScanner free version and haven't for a few years but it is printed in the lower left hand corner "scanned by CamScanner".
    same here, no watermarks
    12-09-2014 05:23 AM
    Camscanner is $1.99 right now. I'd say spend the money, it's well worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    12-09-2014 05:52 AM
    most be a free app that do scan with no
    something printed in the lower left hand corner "scanned by CamScanner".

no body knows one....??
    12-09-2014 06:43 AM
    Have you tried ScanWritr? It is a Photo to PDF scan app, it allows editing of the doc, too. The Pro version has a few more features and no banner ads on the screen. I don't remember it adding a watermark to my docs.

Also, Google Drive has a PDF Scan to Drive from a photo. The major weakness right now, however, is that it doesn't allow editing.

Not sure what you're asking for the last app. Can you be more specific?
    most be a free app that do scan with no
    something printed in the lower left hand corner "scanned by CamScanner".

no body knows one....??
    12-09-2014 08:23 AM
    I agree buy Cam Scanner when it's on sale. It's the best I have found. This really isn't a Note 4 issue rather than just Android.
    12-09-2014 08:53 AM
    thanks but i'm looking for something free...

if some one know some free god app i'll be really thankful
    12-09-2014 11:19 AM
    ScanWritr is free. The Pro version is not. But the Lite version is.
    Suzana Taylor likes this.
    12-09-2014 12:10 PM
    I highly recommend ScanWritr. It really is the best photo to PDF tool. Much better than CamScanner in my opinion.
    12-10-2014 05:18 PM
    I highly recommend ScanWritr. It really is the best photo to PDF tool. Much better than CamScanner in my opinion.
    I am curious about ScanWritr now that I've been following this thread. What makes it "Much better than CamScanner"? I use Camscanner almost daily and like it just fine. I don't think it's the end all of scanner apps but it works well. I'm always open to try something different that might be better.

12-11-2014 05:40 AM
    I have used CamScanner for years.....I just did a test document and emailed it to myself right from the app on my my phone. The Document itself does Not have any type of watermarks on it anywhere.....only in the "Email" body it states it was sent from CamScanner.
    12-12-2014 03:42 PM
    I am curious about ScanWritr now that I've been following this thread. What makes it "Much better than CamScanner"? I use Camscanner almost daily and like it just fine. I don't think it's the end all of scanner apps but it works well. I'm always open to try something different that might be better.

I like ScanWritr because I can do multi-page documents at one time, instead of one photo at a time. But I just downloaded CamScanner based on your post, and so far I like the UI much better than ScanWritr. Can't give you a side by side comparison quite yet.
    Connert likes this.
    12-12-2014 04:56 PM
    I like ScanWritr because I can do multi-page documents at one time, instead of one photo at a time. But I just downloaded CamScanner based on your post, and so far I like the UI much better than ScanWritr. Can't give you a side by side comparison quite yet.
    I may download ScanWritr and try for comparison as well.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll be watching for your opinion.

12-12-2014 06:39 PM
    I've been using Genius Scan. Works pretty well.
    12-12-2014 07:31 PM
    I've been using Genius Scan. Works pretty well.
    Wasn't Genius scan only for iPhone at one time?
    12-12-2014 10:24 PM
    CamScanner has worked well for me over the years. I have scanned 12 page contracts into a single document and emailed all from my phone in the car! But my interest was peaked as well about the one you mentioned, so I am trying it out as well.
    12-12-2014 10:29 PM
    I've been playing around with both now for a few hours and think both are very similar. Both do batch scans and have several ways to share the pdf. I'll probably stick with CamScanner only because it's the one I've been using now for a while. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

This type interaction is one of the main reasons I enjoy AC so much.

huntnyc likes this.
    12-13-2014 06:50 AM

For starters, I like its editing features. I don't need to install a separate app just to use the marker, or put a signature on a scanned document. The next thing I really like, is the way I can open documents of various types (Microsoft Word for example). I don't think CamScanner can do that. Also when dealing with text documents, I find ScanWritr's document enhancement algorithm better than CamScanner's one. I rarely end up with "shadowy" documents after scan. I haven't used CamScanner for a while now, but I remember there was always a bit of shadow or gray area present at the edges of the document, that I couldn't even erase (especially if lighting wasn't great). Speaking of erasing - last, but not least - I love the eraser. Shall there be something that needs to get erased from the document (a slight border at the edge, or something like that), eraser comes greatly in handy.

I hope that will help you :-)
    GregMargie and huntnyc like this.
    12-15-2014 11:55 AM
    Camscanner is $1.99 right now. I'd say spend the money, it's well worth it.

Where to find Camscanner at $1.99?

Is it $1.99 one time fee? I thought paid version Camscanner is monthly subscription.
    12-15-2014 10:19 PM
    For starters, I like its editing features. I don't need to install a separate app just to use the marker, or put a signature on a scanned document. The next thing I really like, is the way I can open documents of various types (Microsoft Word for example). I don't think CamScanner can do that. Also when dealing with text documents, I find ScanWritr's document enhancement algorithm better than CamScanner's one. I rarely end up with "shadowy" documents after scan. I haven't used CamScanner for a while now, but I remember there was always a bit of shadow or gray area present at the edges of the document, that I couldn't even erase (especially if lighting wasn't great). Speaking of erasing - last, but not least - I love the eraser. Shall there be something that needs to get erased from the document (a slight border at the edge, or something like that), eraser comes greatly in handy.

I hope that will help you :-)
    Thank you very much for this information! I have been a long time CamScanner user, but I will definitely take a closer look at ScanWritr now!
    12-15-2014 10:32 PM
28 12