Why not the Note 4?

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Should it be concerning that the S5 yesterday and today in North Korea (HTC M7 & M8) are getting 5.0, but we are still with nothing? I know it could be any day and that is how Samsung works, but carriers still have to do there thing, etc. Maybe issues to be resolved, seems like the Note 4 is being shadowed by other updates right now and maybe I am just blowing smoke.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You are. Final code build has been out for less than 90 days. Don't panic, let the other devices get release code based on buggy 5.0...I'd rather wait until 5.0.1 anyway :p

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The S5 is also a flagship device for this year, and it came out BEFORE the Note 4. It's only fitting (and it also 'fits' the leaked versions) that the S5 would get Lollipop before the Note 4 did. I wouldn't call it 'being shadowed', it's just a different device that they've had 'less time' to test on. And I'd rather have them release a tested version than a rushed one just to play catch up.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Having just endured the 5.0 fiasco on my Nexus 7 (finally fixed with 5.0.1 which I sideloaded), I'm in no rush for my Note to get it. Honestly, 5.0 didn't bring much change to my N7.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I guess everyone has valid points. lol I just got my Note 4, so it being so new, I want the update, but makes sense the S5 would get it first, having been out and the flagship device for Samsung. I anjoy a little change and some updates. Looking forward to it. My work phone is a Verizon S5, I am sure my Sprint Note 4 will get 5.0 before Verizon gets around to releasing it. lol

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Should it be concerning that the S5 yesterday and today in North Korea (HTC M7 & M8) are getting 5.0, but we are still with nothing? I know it could be any day and that is how Samsung works, but carriers still have to do there thing, etc. Maybe issues to be resolved, seems like the Note 4 is being shadowed by other updates right now and maybe I am just blowing smoke.

North Korea? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress