Second time Camera has froze, had to restart

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So I love this phone but there's been a couple times I've whipped the phone out to take a picture and it freezes up....can't go to home screen or back out of the camera ....can't take a pic either. I've had to restart the phone.

What's up with that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would try to clear cache and app data for the camera app.

If that doesn't help, try a factory data reset

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
How many pictures do you have on your phone? Do you use an SD card? How many pictures are on your SD card?

I had an issue with my camera locking up on my Galaxy S3. I popped the SD card out and out worked fine. I think it was either an SD card going bad, too many files/pictures on my SD card, or some corrupt files/pictures on my SD card.

Worth a try.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How many pictures do you have on your phone? Do you use an SD card? How many pictures are on your SD card?

I had an issue with my camera locking up on my Galaxy S3. I popped the SD card out and out worked fine. I think it was either an SD card going bad, too many files/pictures on my SD card, or some corrupt files/pictures on my SD card.

Worth a try.
I had the same thing happen once in the first week I had my Note 4. My old SD card that I had put in was causing all kinds of havoc on my phone including the camera freeze.....I couldn't even turn off, turn back on, I had to pull the battery. Everything has been fine since I removed the SD card.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

Worth a try.

It's a new Samsung Pro card. So....*shrugs* dunno....

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, now I'm concerned as I was planning on buying a new Samsung card, starting fresh.....thinking my old one was just bad or a file on it was. At the moment I have no card installed.

I'm pretty sure my SD card is good. Both times it happened I was trying to show a friend...sigh..worst timing ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress