Is it still worth purchasing a Galaxy Note 4?

Naet

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Basically, I've finished my previous contract and was looking around. I was actually thinking about purchasing a new Note 4 for around £500, is it still worth it or should I get something a lot less and wait for the Note 5?

Any opinions?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Get the Note 4.

Its only been out for a couple of months. If anything, its the best time to buy as people have had a chance to actually use the device and can give very good pros and con's to it.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I recommend getting it now no point of waiting for the next one. Besides every year they're going to tweak it and you'll never be satisfied. That's the only thing crappy about technology you just can't keep up with it. Especially with the smart phones they keep changing it every 6-8 months or add a different model that's similar to it. I think the metal design of the note 4 is where Samsung is going for. The only possible thing they can continue to improve are the obvious processor, more memory, better camera tweak of the software nothing else.

Last edited:

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I recommend getting it now no point of waiting for the next one. Besides every year they're going to tweak and it and you'll never be satisfied. That's the only thing crappy about technology you just can't keep up with it. Especially with the smart phones they keep changing it every 6-8 months or add a different model that's similar to it. I think the metal design of the note 4 is where Samsung is going for. The only possible thing they can continue to improve are the obvious processor, more memory, better camera tweak of the software nothing else.

I Agree!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Note 4 yesterday. I'd be dishonest if I didn't say...it's AWESOME. ...and I was coming from the already stellar Note 3.

Get it. You'll love it.

from the IV

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
It will take around 4-6 months before any big brand will launch a flagship. Totally a waste of time to wait! I think its actually the best time to buy a new phone, since most are starting to get some nice discounts.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If what the Note series offers appeals to you in any way you should run, not walk, to get a Note 4. It's just that good. The screen is so righteous its almost delicious. No, really.

from the G Pad 7

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Basically, I've finished my previous contract and was looking around. I was actually thinking about purchasing a new Note 4 for around £500, is it still worth it or should I get something a lot less and wait for the Note 5?

Any opinions?

Why wait? Get the note 4,keep it for a couple of years then you'll be ready for the note 6.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

RexdaleNap

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Prices drop on these fast I forget by what % but google it.

I would wait till mar-apr if you can and the experience isn't that dif between note 3 and 4 note 3 is pretty good too still.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Prices drop on these fast I forget by what % but google it.

I would wait till mar-apr if you can and the experience isn't that dif between note 3 and 4 note 3 is pretty good too still.

The Note 3 is Excellent still. It would still make a great new phone.

from the IV

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is no doubt the best phone I've ever had, and I've traded around a lot! HTC One M8, IPhone 4,5s,Galaxy Note 3,S3,4,and5, HTC One Max,and LG G3. Note 4 wins hands down!

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
You ask if the note 4 is still worth it, yett you consider the 1+? The 1+ is almost 1 year old and a new model will be pushed out soon. The specs on the note 4 are way better than on the 1+, so I woudnt even think about the 1+.

BTW I also owned a 1+ some months ago..

Naet

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the replies!

I'll definitely go with the Note 4 and most likely end up with Virgin.

The problem is finding the best place to buy them. Are they locked, what model etc.

The cheapest I've come across is £600. I'm not the best with bloatware either, I was going to get it for £500 from EE but apparently they come with "computrace".

Can anyone share some knowledge :)?