Adaptive Hearing, etc.?

Pdarnall

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
My Samsung S4 had an "Adaptive hearing" feature that was extremely helpful. The sound was automatically adjust via a mini hearing test administered by the phone. I can't find this feature on my new N4.

I wear hearing aids and the S4 allowed me to remove my hearing aids, while using the ear buds, and enjoy detailed sounds. I can't come close with to the same level of detail, nor sound fidelity, wearing my hearing aids.

My hearing aids are Bluetooth but won't pair with a phone. I believe a third part interface is needed to stream the sound from phone to aids.
The population in many countries is growing older and will need hearing help in the near future. It a shame Samsung would delete such a useful feature.

How can I disable the "High Volume" warning from coming up each time I try to up the sound level? The S4 had a way to turn that warning off. I can't find it on the N4.

TIA

Philip

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) There are equalizer apps - lower the low frequency ranges and rise the upper frequency ranges to maximum - it's what adaptive hearing does (and what your hearing aids do - almost no one who isn't completely deaf suffers much loss at lower frequencies, it's above 4KHz [the frequency of the whistle you always hear in your ears] that we lose it).

2) That notice is a "cya" for Samsung. If some kid blasts music at maximum volume, then ends up like you and me years later (wearing hearing aids), he can't sue Samsung. (Or, if he does, the suit will be thrown out.) You can probably get rid of it with some apps if the phone is rooted (there's probably at least one Xposed module that will stop selective notices). I just ignore it. By this time I've learned to ignore the minor irritations - there are too many major ones you can't ignore.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,
My Samsung S4 had an "Adaptive hearing" feature that was extremely helpful. The sound was automatically adjust via a mini hearing test administered by the phone. I can't find this feature on my new N4.

I wear hearing aids and the S4 allowed me to remove my hearing aids, while using the ear buds, and enjoy detailed sounds. I can't come close with to the same level of detail, nor sound fidelity, wearing my hearing aids.

My hearing aids are Bluetooth but won't pair with a phone. I believe a third part interface is needed to stream the sound from phone to aids.
The population in many countries is growing older and will need hearing help in the near future. It a shame Samsung would delete such a useful feature.

How can I disable the "High Volume" warning from coming up each time I try to up the sound level? The S4 had a way to turn that warning off. I can't find it on the N4.

TIA

Philip

Posted via the Android Central App

I also wear hearing aids. This helped me: In Setup --> Accessibility --> Hearing, check Hearing Aids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa