visual voicemail

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Why do carriers charge for it? T-Mobile charges $4 a month for it. I know its not a big deal, in fact it usually gets it wrong. I just figured that's a feature that should be free with the technology that's available today

Posted via the Android Central App

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm with at&t and I do not get charged for my Visual Voicemail.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I am with Verizon and they CHARGE for it....BS!

I was with T-mobile before...Make some sweet talk with them and see if they can waive it for you...lol

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I just use Google Voice for free. Unfortunately, the transcription is usually not even close to the actual message...But they're highly entertaining to read.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I just use Google Voice for free. Unfortunately, the transcription is usually not even close to the actual message...But they're highly entertaining to read.

Yes, same here. Google Voice translations do provide a bit of entertainment. As good as Google is at most things, it's odd that they are so bad at voice translation here.

I think it's because they have kind of abandoned Google Voice, at least the Android app for it. But, I still use it daily (mostly for text messaging, rarely for voice - no body calls anymore!)

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Why do carriers charge for it? T-Mobile charges $4 a month for it. I know its not a big deal, in fact it usually gets it wrong. I just figured that's a feature that should be free with the technology that's available today

Visual Voice-mail is free on T-Mobile. I think what you mean to say is Voicemail-To-Text service. Where your voice mail is shown as text and can be read without listening to it. T-Mobile does charge for that service.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I too use Google Visual Voice mail. I gain nothing by using it, but it is funniest thing to read what it thinks people are saying.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm with T-Mobile and do not get charged for it. Also I do not need a visual voicemail...