WiFi calling questions ????

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Should I just leave WiFi calling ON all the time ?

There are some buildings here in Vegas that I can't get cellular but WiFi calling works great.

A: Is there a downside to just leaving WiFi calling always ON weather I need to or not ?

B: Will my call automaticly flip over to cellular when I leave a WiFi zone I'm in,,, or will the call drop when I leave a particular WiFi zone I'm using my T-Mobile Note 4 in ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

There are some buildings here in Vegas that I can't get cellular but WiFi calling works great.

A: Is there a downside to just leaving WiFi calling always ON weather I need to or not ?

B: Will my call automaticly flip over to cellular when I leave a WiFi zone I'm in,,, or will the call drop when I leave a particular WiFi zone I'm using my T-Mobile Note 4 in ?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

It does not automatically switch. if I leave my basement and go out onto the patio where WiFi signal is weak it gives me a warning and if I keep going further it drops.

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I leave mine on all the time. I believe it reduces the higher battery drain when the radio has a poor signal, and I want it active for inbound calls. You just need to remember to turn it off if you make a call where you expect to leave the area where you have wifi.

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I also leave mine on all the time for the locations I have stored.
I have come to rely on it to get me a good signal. Only downside is it does not switch to regular cellular. The call drops. Knowing that, I can live with it.
Good Luck!
Ron

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

A - No

B - No it will not switch from WiFi calling to cellular. It will switch from cellular to WiFi calling though.