Why do people buy black Note 4's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natanoj

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Why won't they buy white instead? Do they think they look macho carrying around a black phone or something?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Note 4, but if I were to choose a color, it would probably be black, mainly because I like the color.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I chose black because I just like the look of it...

To flip the script -- Why buy a white phone? What does it do for you versus a black one? The answer is nothing ... a color is meant to just appeal to people so they can choose which (in their opinion) is the best looking phone. That is why phones like Motorola have "Moto Maker" where you can customize the phone to your liking.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is why phones like Motorola have "Moto Maker" where you can customize the phone to your liking.

I think this was a good move by Moto: How else can you get a <random color>? I am looking at making a Teal one.

Back to the topic: I am sure the two colors were a calculated move by Samsung, if not a given that white and black will sell. It's the oddball colors like the purples and yellows that are questionable.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As a dude, for me the color doesn't have anything to do with being macho or not. I rocked a white Note 2 for two years (still have it as a back up device) and just felt it was time for a change, so went with a black Note 4. I also found the back on the black version feels a bit softer and rubbery than the white, which I like. :)

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because they don't like white for a lot of reasons. If someone spends his/her money on a phone, he/she should get the color he/she wants.

Your use of the word "macho" implies that you don't consider those who have no interest in being macho (read: women) as being people, too. There are women that buy black phones, too.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I like watching videos with a black border rather than a white one.

Did you ever notice that when they letterbox a movie, they use black bars instead of white ones. Same reason.

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I also find the white border incredibly distracting while watching video or simply looking at the screen.

The black makes the images pop.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked black because I wanted to change... I came from a white iPhone 5.. and on the Note series, I believe the black looks sexy.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Why won't they buy white instead? Do they think they look macho carrying around a black phone or something?

Why won't they buy black instead? Do you hey think they look girly carrying around a white phone or something?

What a question tho!

I'm happy we don't live under "world leaders" like you. May I ask you where you are from? Can't be a western country because we all grew up in freedom.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Um, I'm assuming this post is satire. If not, how 'bout you pick the color YOU like and I'll pick the color I like. Mmmmmkay?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I prefer dark borders for my phones, it makes viewing the screen easier on my eyes. I'm glad we all have choices.

Personally, I don't view the color choice of a person's phone as an indicator of any kind of masculinity or absence thereof.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am a woman with a black phone, I find the white distracting, I want to see the screen not the phone around it. The screen and what is on it is what is important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.