Notifications issue....not getting notifications on some apps

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello wondering if you kind people would help me out.

Wondering why on some apps I don't get notifications? I have them turned on in the app and in application manager, but yet don't get them.

The main one being Instagram. I get notifications maybe once in awhile, but usually not.
I just upgraded Tapatalk, and now notifications have stopped on that too.

It just seems very flaky. Is it the OS? Or the apps?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notifications issue....

The apps that gave me that problem in the past were at fault. If your phone has all the right boxes checked, I'm incline to believe the issue is with the apps.

Have you emailed the Devs of those apps just to see if they can help?

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

The apps that gave me that problem in the past were at fault. If your phone has all the right boxes checked, I'm incline to believe the issue is with the apps.

Have you emailed the Devs of those apps just to see if they can help?

No haven't done that. I will, but they should just work right? I mean that's why I came to Android so these apps would just work (unlike on my BB where android notifications don't work right)..

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

No haven't done that. I will, but they should just work right? I mean that's why I came to Android so these apps would just work (unlike on my BB where android notifications don't work right)..

I had issues with that until I realized the apps for which I wasn't getting notifications were clashing with another app. The culprit for me was DU battery saver pro. I uninstalled that and have been getting all notifications since. Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
For me, (on Windows 10 pc), i have had issues with News app, Sports app and Money app. Sometimes they go days with no notifications. The other apps i have ..Mail and Flipboard come every day so no issues with them. MSFT always tells me to run the app troubleshooter and it never finds anything wrong. I tried toggling on and off for the app notifications for the specific problem apps and i think it may have brought the news app back for a day or 2 and now nothing for last couple of days. Somethin's wrong with some of the apps. Also sometimes i go to add a favorite team , and it doesnt work...then days later it does. Odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa