Verizon Note 4: Lollipop update, anyone know?

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't recommend it...I know this website which posts a whole bunch of ROMs for different devices, and so far the ROMs they had for Note 4 were too poor. I saw two of them, and both killed some feature of the phone.

You should just wait and enjoy your phone as is

The website I was talking about is this --> GalaxyNote4Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 4 and Install Custom ROM!

that site is no good m8, you should look at the XDA forums.
that's the walhalla for romming.
everything comes from there.

but i soft bricked my device becouse of a broken usb cable... bummer.
so i flashed the stock Lollipop rom from Germany, and its rocking my note 4.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon update is being pushed out now and has been since early February. However, (and this is straight from Samsung after amazingly getting a contact number for them) it's NOT being rolled out all at once! Due to the problems and issues of previous updates that crashed systems and caused many problems and issues with individual devices and an overwhelming number of tech support calls, they are rolling out the update one small area at a time. They wouldn't elaborate on which areas first or last, but the update IS out there, and you WILL be getting it at some point. I'm eagerly waiting myself. The Note 3 users will have the longest wait, and the S5 users (for whatever reason) got it first. They wouldn't answer that either. Hope this helped. It's coming...we just gotta be patient.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I hope us verizon note 4 users do not get it for a while. I would rather just keep kit Kat on my note 4 because 5.0 is having battery draining issues across all phones on 5.0. Way better battery life on kit Kat is better to me then getting 5.0. Now if they can release a lollipop version that does not suffer battery life issues then I am fine with that and fine waiting another 6 months for the release if it took that long.

Posted via the Android Central App

The update is already hitting the Note 4, little by little. It's SUPPOSED to be 5.0.1 which addressed the bugs in 5.0.0.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon update is being pushed out now and has been since early February. However, (and this is straight from Samsung after amazingly getting a contact number for them) it's NOT being rolled out all at once! Due to the problems and issues of previous updates that crashed systems and caused many problems and issues with individual devices and an overwhelming number of tech support calls, they are rolling out the update one small area at a time. They wouldn't elaborate on which areas first or last, but the update IS out there, and you WILL be getting it at some point. I'm eagerly waiting myself. The Note 3 users will have the longest wait, and the S5 users (for whatever reason) got it first. They wouldn't answer that either. Hope this helped. It's coming...we just gotta be patient.

Strange! I emailed Verizon, Samsung and finally sent a message on Verizon's Tech Support Facebook page. I just got this back on Facebook this morning:

"Jim, while we don't have a projected release date for that update, we do want to make sure that you stay in the loop. You can sign-up with your email here for any news on releases or updates: Verizon Wireless. - Harley"

:-\

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
that site is no good m8, you should look at the XDA forums.
that's the walhalla for romming.
everything comes from there.

but i soft bricked my device becouse of a broken usb cable... bummer.
so i flashed the stock Lollipop rom from Germany, and its rocking my note 4.

Most of these ROMS on the website I mentioned come from XDA. I know XDA website is like Gold mine for everything Android, but this website is also great.

So you are saying you got a Stock Lollipop from germany? Which carrier note 4 did you have? did u have the international version of Note 4?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Strange! I emailed Verizon, Samsung and finally sent a message on Verizon's Tech Support Facebook page. I just got this back on Facebook this morning:

"Jim, while we don't have a projected release date for that update, we do want to make sure that you stay in the loop. You can sign-up with your email here for any news on releases or updates: Verizon Wireless. - Harley"

That is Verizon's cut and paste response.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Can verizon users flash the German version of lollipop? It's not carrier specific, but I'm not sure if we can use it.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, that's the same sort of response I was getting for the longest time until I finally got ahold of someone willing to clarify. Just telling you what I found out and from who. It makes sense.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Seems like every time I get a new device all the old phones get updates quicker then the new phone. (Sigh)

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
yes sir i got the n910f.
in germany and poland they use lollipop for like a month or so now.

you can download it from sammobile, if you own the n910f (international)
it runs great ! i dont understand why they did not rolll this out world wide becouse i have not find a bug yet...

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
yes sir i got the n910f.
in germany and poland they use lollipop for like a month or so now.

you can download it from sammobile, if you own the n910f (international)
it runs great ! i dont understand why they did not rolll this out world wide becouse i have not find a bug yet...

Can't...cuz I have a Verizon Note 4 so I need a Lollipop specific to Verizon phone!!

Never Understood why Samsung can't make ONE phone for the entire world...if Apple can, why NOT samsung?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
That is the one and only benefit for iPhone, when they release a update everyone gets it.

I agree but here here's the kicker :

When they push an Update, it's only to a couple of iphone models...usually like 2 or 3

When Android pushes an update, it literally 1000s of Android devices..And not every device has the same specs.

Tell Apple to push Update to 1000 of different devices in one day and that sucker would go bankrupt in one day!

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Got it yesterday, had it less than 24 hrs and phone has already froze and reset itself twice. Plus verizon plastered their name in the upper left corner of the lock screen. It is sooooo annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress