Sprint Lollipop Update Thoughts and comments

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm try checking and Unchecking the one under settings > display and wallpaper > LED indicator (that is the other place that I saw LED related stuff)
Personally I don't mind the blue light. But it is strange that these options are unchecked even on mine and it still blinks :)

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm try checking and Unchecking the one under settings > display and wallpaper > LED indicator (that is the other place that I saw LED related stuff)
Personally I don't mind the blue light. But it is strange that these options are unchecked even on mine and it still blinks :)

So, it IS odd.. for example, neither in the Settings>Accessibility>Notification reminder nor in the settings > display and wallpaper > LED indicator was it turned on.. showed off in BOTH places.

In the Settings>Accessibility>Notification are, I simply turned it to ON at the top, but UNCHECKED all applications. It still blinks but my battery life has INCREASED! Not really sure what/why/how, I'll continue to track.

Tomorrow, I'll try to turn it OFF again and see if it finally shuts off completely (hoping turning ON then OFF turns it OFF OFF) and see if the battery life sticks

Then, over the WE i'll probably have to do the do and do a full rest.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
So, it IS odd.. for example, neither in the Settings>Accessibility>Notification reminder nor in the settings > display and wallpaper > LED indicator was it turned on.. showed off in BOTH places.

In the Settings>Accessibility>Notification are, I simply turned it to ON at the top, but UNCHECKED all applications. It still blinks but my battery life has INCREASED! Not really sure what/why/how, I'll continue to track.

Tomorrow, I'll try to turn it OFF again and see if it finally shuts off completely (hoping turning ON then OFF turns it OFF OFF) and see if the battery life sticks

Then, over the WE i'll probably have to do the do and do a full rest.

The LED notification light will not chew the battery to the extent you described. Go for a factory reset. It should clear the issue.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The LED notification light will not chew the battery to the extent you described. Go for a factory reset. It should clear the issue.

So, I was JUST coming back to give everyone an update on this.

Yesterday at about 10:15 PST I had 71% battery life left, after having taken it off the charger at 05:00 PST Tuesday morning.

The ONLY thing I have done is as I described, I turned ON the notifications in the Settings>Accessibility>Notification area. It appears that notification light is function as it was before, blinking when there is say new messages, emails, etc., even though previously it was doing this and the notification settings were turned OFF. So, it's ON now and still doing the blinking (and I should say even though I actually UNCHECKED ALL on the applications list, so technically it should NOT be doing notifications at all)

Well, that was 23:30 HOURS AGO, and I still have 32% battery life. Power savings says it should run another 8:00 hours, which would put the run time at 36 hours easy, and that is after having had it run down to 70% yesterday morning in 5 hours, so I think starting at 100% it should now run even better.

This is the ONLY thing I did to the device and usage patterns, locations are the same (home, work, 3rd place), and usage is probably higher actually since I used GPS and had to connect to several new WIFI yesterday.

So, I really think SOMETHING is going on there. Another question for the group, when YOU go into that area of accessbility>notifications and then click on the LED NOTIFICATIONS button, does it take a LONG time to get to that final page? For me, after I click on the NOTIFICATION REMINDER selection, the screen goes black and it takes about 5-7 seconds to get to the actual LED notifications page?

Now, I haven't turned it off yet again, which I will try next, but if ANYONE is having battery problems currently, maybe try there first. See if it is ON, if it is OFF turn it ON..maybe switch back and forth. This really has dramatically changed the experience for my unit at least.

Oh, one more question. Is there someplace where it now say how long it has been running, or does one just have to do the math from the DATE/TIME on the left side of the graph to NOW?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
"So, I really think SOMETHING is going on there. Another question for the group, when YOU go into that area of accessbility>notifications and then click on the LED NOTIFICATIONS button, does it take a LONG time to get to that final page? For me, after I click on the NOTIFICATION REMINDER selection, the screen goes black and it takes about 5-7 seconds to get to the actual LED notifications page?" {Yes, mine also takes a few seconds to go to the next screen}

Oh, one more question. Is there someplace where it now say how long it has been running, or does one just have to do the math from the DATE/TIME on the left side of the graph to NOW? {Yes, you will have to do the math from now on ;)}

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I hate to be one of those to complain about minor things guys, but I find losing the off charger time and Screen On Time to be annoying. Seems like simple things to include.

First world problems I suppose.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Posted via the Android Central App

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Also lost is most of the lock screen info. No Pedometer count, no weather, no owner info etc....just notifications and time. Not a fan.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I hate to be one of those to complain about minor things guys, but I find losing the off charger time and Screen On Time to be annoying. Seems like simple things to include.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Also lost is most of the lock screen info. No Pedometer count, no weather, no owner info etc....just notifications and time. Not a fan.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Screen on time is still there, just click on the screen usage under the battery usage graph. Also the owner info still shows on mine. I wonder if you have sensitive info blocked for your lock screen (that can be adjusted under settings>sounds and notification>while locked).

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I think if you look at Cell Standby time it should give you the closest approximation of ON time since OFF charger. At least if one doesn't turn the cell radio on or off

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Overnight update, since post #86..I've never had the projected standby time go UP..this went from 3 DAYS to 4 DAYS this morning now after 14 hours off the charger (based on cell standby time)

Only have 40 min screen time though, and android system is 58 min.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-12-05-50-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-12-05-50-39.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 77

tboy72

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
One thing i have noticed since installing this update is that my gesture to expand notifications in nova no longer works, other than that it looks and performs great so far!

There is a setting in accessibility for that. You have to go to settings, accessibility, then at the bottom you'll see services. Turn Nova on.

tboy72

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the update. It feels like I have a new phone. I have Sprint Note 4. No complaints, and my battery definitely lasts longer. 20 % more battery left after same use at work for 10 hours.

rsawitzky

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
There is a setting in accessibility for that. You have to go to settings, accessibility, then at the bottom you'll see services. Turn Nova on.

Hmm this is all I have, did you need to do anything in Nova?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-12-14-17-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-12-14-17-53.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 126

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
The Screen on time is still there, just click on the screen usage under the battery usage graph. Also the owner info still shows on mine. I wonder if you have sensitive info blocked for your lock screen (that can be adjusted under settings>sounds and notification>while locked).

Thanks for the info. I found the screen on time and I checked the sensitive info, it's set to allow all. My lock screen doesn't show pedometer info, weather or owner data. Just notifications, a small clock and emergency phone and cam at the bottom. It's really not that big of a deal I guess. I just got used to seeing those things.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
So I have another thread about this but I can't get okay Google to work everywhere on my note 4 sprint. Anyone else having this issue and if not how did you resolve it?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Overnight update, since post #86..I've never had the projected standby time go UP..this went from 3 DAYS to 4 DAYS this morning now after 14 hours off the charger (based on cell standby time)

Only have 40 min screen time though, and android system is 58 min.

This method didn't improve my battery, actually it may have made it less. You may have some other setting that this is working along side with. I may have to do a Factory reset anyway since 5.1 may be on the way.