07-17-2015 10:48 PM
404 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Not that it should matter but nova just updated the other day so check that you are on the latest version. Could also be a prime thing if your using the free version.
    Yes, I have the prime Nova. I did a hard reset and still doesn't show up. I have uninstalled Nova and re-installed it and still can't get it the swap down to expend the notification drawer.
    03-24-2015 09:02 PM
    Finally? Was it not updating before that?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Download and install took over 2 hours
    03-24-2015 09:03 PM
    Updated this morning, smooth sailing so far. However, is anyone else's oxygen sensor on the rear lighting up when you put the phone down on a light colored surface? Put it down on a dark surface, its fine, on a light surface the sensor lights up for a moment then turns off. Not a deal breaker, but annoying nonetheless. Uninstalled Google Fit like I saw someone suggest, but problem persists.
    03-24-2015 09:09 PM
    Ouch.

Mine just goes right to update interrupted and tells me to wait 24 hrs.

03-24-2015 09:11 PM
    Same here. It took a little over 2 hours to complete everything.

03-24-2015 09:17 PM
    Look at who's here in Android central. You still rocking a Blackberry?

Hey Jamie.. Yeah I have both.. But have been using the note more lately
    03-24-2015 09:17 PM
    My phone buttons are the same icons as was in kit kat are yours the same

03-24-2015 09:25 PM
    Finished my update this evening. Took forever to download. Update itself went smoothly. My phone seems to be noticeably faster.
    03-24-2015 09:25 PM
    Yeah I've tried 3 times. Every time it restarts and starts to update it goes to update failed. Guess I'll hold off for a while.

03-24-2015 09:42 PM
    Hey Jamie.. Yeah I have both.. But have been using the note more lately
    Yeah I sold my Note and picked up this Note 4 around Christmas and I've been on it since.

03-24-2015 09:43 PM
    Downloaded it and so far phone is faster. Visually better as well. I like it. Is it an ART?
    03-24-2015 10:41 PM
    Downloaded it and so far phone is faster. Visually gray add well. I like it. Is it an ART?
    Yes its ART, Dalvik is no more after 5.0 update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    03-24-2015 10:45 PM
    It definitely runs about three times as fast as before. So glad I checked AC this evening, otherwise I wouldn't have checked for it!
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-25-2015 12:24 AM
    Hello,
    I got the same issue. Did you find any way to get those picture back?

Thank you,
    mp
    03-25-2015 12:54 AM
    Hello,
    I got the same issue. Did you find any way to get those pictures back?

Thank you,
    mp
    03-25-2015 12:56 AM
    Any improvement with camera?
    Di you get the S6 themes installer?
    03-25-2015 04:48 AM
    nope, but the files is still there if you go to storage/sdcard/private but it's all corrupted.
    03-25-2015 04:50 AM
    Well, didn't want to try it, did it, because wasn't confident in disabling the OTA with the instructions shown. So had a couple of glitches, phone got real hot, took battery and SD card out, that solved that problem. Took over 2 hours to download as said by others. Did a couple reboots, cleared phone's Cache, and other than phone getting super hot, that was it.

Now as far as I can tell only problem is I can't access any of my Old S Notes when I import them, many have conflict behind the name. Shows over 140 and all I can get is some of them. When I click on Recent, just get 5 notes, when I hit the All notes button, the app force closes. Tried uninstalling samsung account and reinstalling a couple times, tried clearing app data and cache, nothing works to get access to old notes, just force closes. I can access through S Note Widget a few more, but not all the ones from before. So I guess I have to wait until my other devices get updated to Lollipop. Kind of PO'd about not having access on the phone for those old notes.

Otherwise, does seem okay so far. Have to see tomorrow what happens when I play with it more.
    03-25-2015 04:51 AM
    The phone runs just as great as before. I'm glad AT&T seems to have thoroughly vetted this update before letting loose on my phone.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍭
    qbnkelt likes this.
    03-25-2015 04:54 AM
    So they update the Note 4 & the Note 3 but not the Note Edge????

03-25-2015 04:59 AM
    So they update the Note 4 & the Note 3 but not the Note Edge????

Yeah...my Edge isn't feeling any love yet. Perhaps they have something special waiting for us...like 5.1.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍭
    03-25-2015 05:14 AM
    Mines downloading right now. Hopefully it's worth it I'm a little hesitant to install it
    03-25-2015 05:43 AM
    The phone runs just as great as before. I'm glad AT&T seems to have thoroughly vetted this update before letting loose on my phone.

♻from the n.4 Prime✒🍭
    You know I was concerned after I read so many negative reports on other phones, but my phone hasn't suffered any issues.
    It did take forever to download and for the apps to optimise but it's been brilliant ever since.
    I did reboot after it finished.
    Really like the notification centre updates that allows a view into the notifications as they come in.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    03-25-2015 06:49 AM
    I've got to say, I'm finally impressed. The lag is gone and the phone now "just works". I haven't found anything I done like about lollipop.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-25-2015 07:16 AM
    My expericence with the upgrade:

1 - Searched for updates, found it available on 3-24-2015. My Note's only about 2 months old, I'm in NC, if any of that matters
    2 - Downloaded the update. Took about 2 hours over strong wifi (same room as the router)
    3 - Tried to apply the update. At first, nothing at all happened. Then more nothing happened. Rebooted the phone.
    4 - Tried to apply the update, which finally began after a few minutes of waiting. Phone prompted me to reboot to continue the process
    5 - Rebooted. My phone is encrypted. Put in my encryption password. Update process ran for about 10 seconds, then phone booted up the rest of the way
    6 - Informed that the upgrade failed. Tried to reapply it. After a few minutes, it told me that "my phone was up to date, and I could check for updates again in 24 hours". That's typical AT&T, not Samsung's fault
    7 - Factory Data Reset my phone to remove encryption (was planning on doing this post-update anyway)
    8 - Re-downloaded the update. Took 2.5 hours this time (same wifi, same room)
    9 - Attempted to apply the update. This time it worked
    10 - Took about 30 minutes for the upgrade process (keep in mind this was on a functionally "fresh" image from the FDR)
    11 - Took anther 10 minutes to optimize my apps (51 in total)
    12 - Great success!
    13 - Once it was settled (another 10 minutes) I did another FDR just to be on the safe side
    14 - FDR restored the phone to Lollipop as desired (5.0.1)
    15 - Disabled all the apps I don't use, NFC, Samsung Fit (which I've heard is what causes the battery drain on the S5 as it is constantly trying to take your blood pressure)

So far so good from there, though I can't attest to battery life as it's still plugged in. Phone certainly seems snappy enough. I had no complaints about KitKat, but I figured I'd keep getting pushed to update so I might as well do it on my own terms.

Don't love the "bottom-of-the-menu" animation, where it's a wave centered around your finger. Looks like the phone has water damage till you release. But whatever, that's just an animation.
    03-25-2015 07:45 AM
404 ... 45678 ...