Good tough case for this?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Im planning on getting one at some point if I'm lucky in the next few months, and my first response is to, like with my Note 2, grab a Otterbox Defender and call it a day. But, I'm willing to listen to other thoughts. One thing does come to mind-any chance there's a tough flip case? Part of my phone paranoia literally would put my phone, in its belt holster, COMPLETELY in my pocket-yes, it did fit fairly well, simply that even with the Zagg screen protector on my Thunderbolt and the Defender's built in screen protector, even in my pocket did I want anything rubbing against my phone screen that wasn't my finger or my S-pen. Maybe a bit overblown, but damn if both those phones still aren't in near mint condition, or at least very good condition. So, fire away your suggestions.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I go between a Spigen Tough Armour case and just having a naked case. I never use a screen protector. Can't stand them. The otterbox adds tons of bulk and is to big for me

Posted via the Android Central App

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
otterbox defender coupled with invisibleshield glass screen protector. Pushed that plastic crap protector right out. Offers GREAT protection.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I only buy maximum protection cases and I've closely followed the case threads since the N4 came out last October. There is a Supcase on Amazon that has gotten excellent reviews and comes w/ a holster. It's half the price of the Otterbox Defender. That said I use a Defender (my first Otterbox case) because of the kickstand which the Supcase doesn't have.

Both have built in plastic screen protectors that need to be removed. I use the Zagg HDX.

Last edited:

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I only buy maximum protection cases and I've closely followed the case threads since the N4 came out last October. There is an iBlason on Amazon that has gotten excellent reviews and comes w/ a holster. It's half the price of the Otterbox Defender. That said I use a Defender (my first Otterbox case) because of the kickstand which the iBlason doesn't have.

Both have built in plastic screen protectors that need to be removed. I use the Zagg HDX.

So are you talking about the Armorbox? Is the inner rubbery stuff pliable or kind of stiff like the Otterbox? I modified my old Note 2 case because I like the inner silicone case. Doesn't fit real well and looks just about as good.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
So are you talking about the Armorbox? Is the inner rubbery stuff pliable or kind of stiff like the Otterbox? I modified my old Note 2 case because I like the inner silicone case. Doesn't fit real well and looks just about as good.

Sorry, I got it wrong, it's a Supcase. Thought it is was an iBlason.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Case for Galaxy Note 4 [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector (Black/Black), Dual Layer Design + Impact Resist

K Mor

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Pelican ProGear Voyager Case. With a tempered glass screen protector. I'm a firefighter, and it's been keeping my phone safe, even when I throw it in my fire gear pockets. If THAT'S not a test for the case, I don't know what is! lol

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely can't stand bulky cases, which makes it difficult to find anything that offers decent protection without sacrificing adding a whole lot of material to the device. I've had a UAG case for a couple weeks now and dig it a lot, finally considering adding a glass screen protector to it but we shall see. Ive dropped my phone with the UAG case a couple times and it just makes a soft *thud* sound and that's it. No damage to the case itself even.

Can't do flip cases... I wouldn't like having to open the flip cover all the time. Even an otter box is too much for m. And while the life proof cases work great I don't particularly care for their screen protection. I'm picky :)

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've gone through a few different cases and settled on the Otterbox Commuter. Very happy with it. Had one on the note 2 but this one isn't as bulky but still offers great protection.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Urban armor gear makes great cases that offer a lot of protection without adding a lot of bulk.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
+ 1 for what shamdawg said. The commuter case by Otterbox is just as protective as the defender only it's slimmer, it has no screen protector and no belt clip.