Beware Samsung Trade Ins

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I learned a hard lesson with ATT when they refused my rebate claiming they never got my S7 trade in. Now I video EVERY step of the pricess.

That is 100% the correct way to do it, I would video the actual every step as out lined included the actual packing etc right at
the Fed Ex Drop off location and the video would have to be continuous with NO PAUSES at all. ending with they handing you the receipt with the tracking number on.

Taking pics of your cell is meaning less as the damage could have happened after the pics were taken .

I know this is a pain in the butt , but if you really had to push the issues the video would hold up in court.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That's what my husband and I are planning. He was in a business trip and just got back. We are going to call our credit card company and see what our options are. Our purchase were insured through the credit card. We will also contact Samsung.

Mine was still under insurance with Samsung Plus LOL

I bet many were sent back and had Samsung + insurance on them. if the screen was really cracked doesn't that insurance cover it ?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the opposite experience at Verizon. I was doing my trade-in at the store to avoid the above mentioned risks (I had done a couple of trade-ins directly with Samsung, and I did run into issues with that process before). The original quote for my Note 10+ from Verizon was $800. As I stood in the store, the girl took my phone and started the trade in and said there is a problem and walked away with my phone. While I was standing there, an email came in to my new phone, from Verizon, starting off -

"We've reviewed your trade-in device for order number XXXXXXX. The device didn't meet all the requirements of the original trade-in estimate, so the actual trade-in value had to be adjusted."

I was ready for a fight, but she came back and said they had a Note 10 (no plus) on the order by mistake, and the new credit is $1000.
Pleasant surprise, happy ending.

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Great I just sent in my trade in on Sat. I just hope Samsung doesn't pull this on me. I waited until the last day to send in the trade in. Right up until then I was planning on just selling my trade in on my own and recoup that way. But I wanted to avoid the hassle of selling it on my own. Now it seems I have to worry about Samsung ripping me off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Great I just sent in my trade in on Sat. I just hope Samsung doesn't pull this on me. I waited until the last day to send in the trade in. Right up until then I was planning on just selling my trade in on my own and recoup that way. But I wanted to avoid the hassle of selling it on my own. Now it seems I have to worry about Samsung ripping me off.
If it went to Tennessee you'll probably be fine, Texas get ready to contact Samsung

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Trade In Lie

I commented in this forum a week or so ago about trading my S22 Ultra in on an S23 Ultra. I sent in a perfect, like new condition phone and received an email stating they were deducting $155 dollars from the trade in value because of a cracked screen/case. I called and demanded my S22 back. Here are photos of my cracked S22 Ultra.View attachment 351923View attachment 351924

Same thing happened to me. I got my perfect S22U back and of course they was no cracked display or damage anywhere!
Except the S-Pen was missing! I ordered a replacement from Amazon and will sell my S22U soon

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Requested and received my S22 Ultra showing no damage. The original box and S pen were not returned to me. I called and complained and was told they are going to refund the full trade in value without requiring that I send the S22 in again.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Requested and received my S22 Ultra showing no damage. The original box and S pen were not returned to me. I called and complained and was told they are going to refund the full trade in value without requiring that I send the S22 in again.
I wouldn't accept that..I would demand getting the spen and original box.

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I am joining the ranks of those of us who used S22 Ultra as trade in for new S23 Ultra. I received the dreaded "cracked screen or body" with penalty charge of $155. My husband received the same message. Both of our phones were in pristine condition, with pix verifying. I asked for my S22 Ultra back. It was returned and, sure enough, perfect condition. BUT, no original box and no S pen!
Contacted Samsung Customer Support by phone. Individual checked their video of my return, verified perfect. Offered me either $50 promo code (to replace my S pen) or return S23 Ultra, place new order, & trade in S22U, again. Uh, no.
Transferred to supervisor. He offered full trade in value $500 to be credited within 24 hrs AND keep S22 Ultra. Husband was given full $500 trade-in value, verified by email.
NOTE #1: S pen is considered "accessory" so do NOT return with your trade in.
NOTE #2 Sometimes complaining (nicely) & requesting supervisor works!
Best wishes from Hertford NC

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to ask my husband again to check his status and he did today and he got the same crack screen email. After Samsung reversed it for me and told me his was good. He did a chat with somebody and he wasn't very happy and they ended up reversing it plus giving him an accessory credit.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: monsieurms

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Both phones confirmed successful, ours went to TN though so I was feeling hopeful. Always a relief.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergio1