04-10-2015 02:19 AM
74 123
tools
    To the OP:
    What did you do with your Note4 and is it for sale (and what carrier)? I would gladly match what I paid for mine so my wife can have my Note 3 and have this as my backup
    04-02-2015 09:04 AM
    Maybe he has married and had to have a good reason to spend a grand on a new phone for his wife. Lol
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:26 AM
    Good for you !! I applaud that you did what you wanted. Who cares if the rest of the people are saying you are lazy. " a factory reset would have fixed everything" um maybe not. You have clearly pointed out good and bad things with BOTH phones but if you say ANYTHING bad about android people get **** hurt. It is the same on the other forums for IOS. I could understand if you completely trashed the Note 4 and android but you pointed out all the good things about the phone and how much better it was on KitKat. Yet you are called lazy and crazy for spending a $1000. I just looked how much is a Samsung Galaxy S6 128 gb is $ 50.00 cheaper. So people who buy the 128 gb S6 must also be crazy lol
    Not everyone was calling him lazy or crazy. He began his post by saying he loved his Note 4 out of the box, that Lollipop ruined his phone, that he down right refused to do a factory reset and then blamed Google for making him spend $1,000 on a new iPhone. If a person is going to come out here on a public forum making such a statement, he or she is going to receive some harsh responses.
    04-02-2015 10:10 AM
    OP gave a list of 8 things that a factory reset would not have addressed... Again, Android is not for everybody...

Posted via the Android Central App
    You're absolutely correct about it not being for everybody. You're absolutely incorrect about those 8 things not being fixed by a factory reset. I know, for a fact, that some would.

Again, OP is lazy and looking for an excuse. He got it.
    04-02-2015 11:09 AM
    Good for you !! I applaud that you did what you wanted. Who cares if the rest of the people are saying you are lazy. " a factory reset would have fixed everything" um maybe not. You have clearly pointed out good and bad things with BOTH phones but if you say ANYTHING bad about android people get **** hurt. It is the same on the other forums for IOS. I could understand if you completely trashed the Note 4 and android but you pointed out all the good things about the phone and how much better it was on KitKat. Yet you are called lazy and crazy for spending a $1000. I just looked how much is a Samsung Galaxy S6 128 gb is $ 50.00 cheaper. So people who buy the 128 gb S6 must also be crazy lol

This comment above is not accurate whatsoever. I already said that I fully understand why someone could prefer iOS to Android. You're building it up in your own mind that people can't understand that. The point is, he blamed Android for FORCING him to pay 1k dollars for the iPhone which they obviously did not do. Sure, a Factory Reset wont solve EVERYTHING but the vast majority of problems he mentioned have been mentioned by other users, who have seen huge improvements after a FDR. I applaud him as well for doing what he wanted. But the applause stopped when I saw him blaming Google for him not being willing to spend an hour tops on a Factory Reset to solve his own problems.
    skatergirl and Bizzle69 like this.
    04-02-2015 11:12 AM
    You crack me up, logik!
    Why lol

04-02-2015 11:21 AM
    This comment above is not accurate whatsoever. I already said that I fully understand why someone could prefer iOS to Android. You're building it up in your own mind that people can't understand that. The point is, he blamed Android for FORCING him to pay 1k dollars for the iPhone which they obviously did not do. Sure, a Factory Reset wont solve EVERYTHING but the vast majority of problems he mentioned have been mentioned by other users, who have seen huge improvements after a FDR. I applaud him as well for doing what he wanted. But the applause stopped when I saw him blaming Google for him not being willing to spend an hour tops on a Factory Reset to solve his own problems.
    Their is no guarantee that a factory reset will fix anything so I wish people would stop saying that.And while I do believe that it was wrong for him to blame Google I also think it was more him venting and being sarcastic then really blaming Google.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    04-02-2015 03:19 PM
    Their is no guarantee that a factory reset will fix anything so I wish people would stop saying that.And while I do believe that it was wrong for him to blame Google I also think it was more him venting and being sarcastic then really blaming Google.
    You're right, there is no guarantee that a factory reset will fix it. However, there is a guarantee that doing nothing wont fix it. So to me, i'll take my chances BEFORE I go and vent about a problem or problems that were still 100% in my power to attempt to fix. If all possible avenues are exhausted and you can't get any satisfaction from Samsung, or Google then yes.....blame them by all means. But if your battery dies and you say: "Charging my battery wont guarantee that my phone turns back on." Well yeah you're right, but sitting there doing nothing isn't going to solve anything either.

By all means vent away. But when you vent and be sarcastic online in a forum scene, don't get upset when people call you out.
    04-02-2015 03:35 PM
    Why lol

Of course it is cracking me up in a good way. You being torn between the Note and the iPhone 6 has been fun to read. Glad you like Lollipop. I am with Verizon and it is finally on the way. Woo hoo, Happy Dance most likely a factory reset on the way!!
    04-02-2015 10:42 PM
    Lmao I'm glad I can provide you entertainment =D

So far I haven't had to factory reset. Thing runs perfect

skatergirl and Therealm80 like this.
    04-03-2015 01:29 PM
    Lmao I'm glad I can provide you entertainment =D

So far I haven't had to factory reset. Thing runs perfect

That is awesome ... My phone just now finished the full Lollipop update!! I am about to unlock my phone now and get my first look!!
    04-03-2015 01:32 PM
    That is awesome ... My phone just now finished the full Lollipop update!! I am about to unlock my phone now and get my first look!!
    Congrats on what I think is a nice upgrade.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-03-2015 02:09 PM
    To the OP:
    What did you do with your Note4 and is it for sale (and what carrier)? I would gladly match what I paid for mine so my wife can have my Note 3 and have this as my backup
    OP is gone. You can find him over at iMore or camping out in line to buy one of those watch things.
    04-03-2015 02:23 PM
    While I disagree with what they chose to do I admire that they chose to speak with their wallet instead of just keyboard. But sometimes the final straw can be a very trivial thing that causes a major change. It sounds like to me they were fed up with the forced update , their final straw ,a factory reset wouldn't change the next update being forced on them as well. When I left Verizon after 2+ decades with them it was a trivial reason at the time but it was the final straw from a bunch of things over my last couple of years with them. I understand where they're coming from.
    04-03-2015 02:33 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    Thought I'd check back and read up on the responses to my sign-off post and clarify some things to those who didn't understand quite where I was coming from or why I switched back to iOS. Like I said in my original post, I loved the Note 4 pre Lollipop even though it had a few issues, mainly a terrible camera. Both Android and Apple will always have their pros & cons.

Sure, I don't disagree that a factory reset would have fixed many if not all of the issues I immediately encountered after 5.0.1 downloaded into my Note 4. The issue I had with factory resetting was that I did not want to go through the whole phone and disable the long long list of bloat I disabled. I did not want to go through setting up Nova, Tesla, my home screens and pictures, email servers, notifications, Google privacy settings in Chrome, Play Store, Youtube, etc all over again. With the 6 Plus I bought it took maybe 20 minutes to set the entire device up including servers, pictures, everything. The camera is wonderful...point/shoot/perfect! Do miss my S-Pen though

What the factory reset would NOT have addressed is the following:

1. Lollipop and it's entire removal from my device. Are you KIDDING Google?! A little advice to Google employees...Quit hanging out on Fillmore Street in SF and hop on your 2 million bus and get to work!!

2. Worse battery life, apparently due to Lollipop

3. Useless notifications

4. Cannot text a video unlike iMessage where it is so effortless.

5. Hated the way the Note 4 display would light up and stay lit up while I was on a call when another call came in. Clearly a glitch in the SW or proximity sensor.

6. No dynamic calendar app icon even though Nova and Audax Icon Pack state it is dynamic. It's not. I've sent repeated emails to Kevin at Teslacoil/Nova with zero response from him, thanks Kevin, great business ethics.

7. Don't like having no control over what the carrier pushes to my phone. First it was the update that crammed Evernote and HD voice into our devices, then Lollipop. I have ALL automatic updates turned off yet those still pushed through.

8. I could never get used to the segregation of Samsung / Google / Android / AT&T. Quite frankly I'm amazed they can even get the device to work at all with that many separate entities involved.

Again, thank you all for helping in the past and all the enlightening posts and helpful features I learned here, great community. Have a wonderful summer and be safe.
    #6, if you ever actually get a response it'll be short and it'll blame your carrier or manufacturer. When I asked how to go back to Nova Prime and get away from the beta my response was literally "not my fault, Samsungs fault". I ebbed up finding a stable apk and installed it bit the Play Store keeps saying there's an update top the beta I'm using .When I had problems with Widget Locker and wrote several emails I got "carrier (Verizon) fault, not mine".
    04-03-2015 02:42 PM
    Awesome! How did it go?!

OP is gone. You can find him over at iMore or camping out in line to buy one of those watch things.
    I have a white atnt note 4, what did you pay for yours?

04-03-2015 06:26 PM
    Awesome! How did it go?!

I have a white atnt note 4, what did you pay for yours?

It went well. My battery is draining a bit quicker than usual but that is to be expected for a few days. I have been thinking of doing a factory reset for a couple of weeks because chrome has been hanging, so we will see.

My new Smart Lock though isn't working, so I need to trouble shoot that.

04-03-2015 08:24 PM
    My battery drained pretty quick at work today, but it was higher than usual use. Going to be keeping my eyes on that.

04-03-2015 10:32 PM
    I found this thread late.

God I hate threads like this. The OP was an affable intelligent guy. The last comments were a vent after trying to explain. I vent at Google all the time.

Then there comes the argumenters and their lemming followers with their Likes and Thanks.

So Sad.

At least there were a few decent posts.

I think Android Central lost a decent member. The guy wanted the device to work, and had more to do in life than babysit Android.

What do people say about iMore and Crackberry posters?
    04-09-2015 12:58 PM
    I lost 10 I.Q. points reading the op's thread.

Hell, i gave my note 4 to my step dad (long story) and about to trade this note 3 for another note 4. But before I hooked back up my note 3, i bought an iPhone 6. Biggest mistake ever!! Never will i fall for the iPhone mantra again....yes, it just works, but that's all it does...nothing else.

04-09-2015 07:35 PM
    I found this thread late.

God I hate threads like this. The OP was an affable intelligent guy. The last comments were a vent after trying to explain. I vent at Google all the time.

Then there comes the argumenters and their lemming followers with their Likes and Thanks.

So Sad.

At least there were a few decent posts.

I think Android Central lost a decent member. The guy wanted the device to work, and had more to do in life than babysit Android.

What do people say about iMore and Crackberry posters?
    I would rather babysit android than do 5 steps just to do most basic things.

04-09-2015 07:37 PM
    I would rather babysit android than do 5 steps just to do most basic things.

Well, the OP knew what he went back to I guess. I never got the hang of any Apple product, but that many steps isn't good.

Sure he didn't give himself enough time according to 'us', but it's understandable.

How 're you doin Gator?
    04-09-2015 08:00 PM
    I havent either. Runs Better.
    04-09-2015 08:33 PM
    Lol, camping to buy a watch?

04-10-2015 02:19 AM
74 123