One Lollipop issue - Nova swipe to expand notifications broken

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just got the lollipop update this afternoon on my Verizon Note 4 and after a short hiccup with Google Play services not updating, all is working well until I noticed one very annoying issue - Nova launcher swipe down from anywhere on home screen to pull down the notification bar (which is probably one of the very best and needed features with a big screen) is broken.

Did a Google Search on it and apparently Nova is trying to find a fix. Hopefully soon!!

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem, but it is fixed by turning on accessibility for Nova in system settings.

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
MrMLK, Ok, I'm in accessibility settings but don't see where i can do anything with nova? This would be great if this works. I can't get any launchers' notifications pulldown gesture to work. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nic

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Nova Launcher should show up in

Accessibility->Services

I turned it on and the pulldown is working fine. The only issue might be that I am on the Beta list, and this might be a beta feature. The good news is that anyone can sign up to be on the beta list, so you can get this version if you need it.

https://plus.google.com/communities/103449253667195874971

Under services i have "no services installed". Weird

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-21-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-21-23.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 261

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Signed up for the Nova beta and then turned on the accessibility > services after updating Nova to the beta version and now it works. Thanks!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
wished you would have started this thread before...i went back to Touchwiz cuz of this..lol and also there were some other issues with Nova.

But i am coming back to Nova now..!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So you guys have Nova prime installed, and then you guys downloaded the apk file for Beta version? and u were able to install that beta version apk file? I can't seem to do that for some reason!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'll live without that until a stable final release is out. Have been using Nova Prime for a while and will not be going back to touchwize. No sir!

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I've signed up for the beta and updated Nova and I have my swipe down for notifications back. What of I find the betas too buggy and I wanna go back to the regular releases?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Prime version from the Play Store. The swiping down gesture was a bit unreliable to open the quick settings, even after the latest update so I changed the gesture to double tap. No issues after that.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
That interesting. I've been using the swioe down for over two years, and it had worked flawlessly for me.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and emailed the developer, here is the reply:

Hi,

Thanks for the report. We have a fix for this coming out in our next update which will use your accessibility settings. If you aren't seeing this option yet, it'll be as you are still on our older version (3.3). The stable release for the new beta will be out shortly.

thanks

sol

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro