05-27-2015 02:48 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    I'm wondering if I'm doing a factory reset wrong. I see people saying that they lost very little by doing the reset. I lose pretty much everything (apps, settings, etc) even though I'm backed up. So now, I'm (im)patiently waiting for all of my apps to re-download so that I can log back into them and re-set up my home screens.

All that being said, when I can use the phone, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    04-07-2015 11:42 AM
    My battery life is horrible now. I went from 100 percent to 0 percent before my spare battery could even get to 80 percent charged in thr extra battery kit. I hope this is temporary.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 12:10 PM
    Suuuucks.

Attached Thumbnails Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?-screenshot_2015-04-07-13-11-47.jpg  
    04-07-2015 12:12 PM
    I'm wondering if I'm doing a factory reset wrong. I see people saying that they lost very little by doing the reset. I lose pretty much everything (apps, settings, etc) even though I'm backed up. So now, I'm (im)patiently waiting for all of my apps to re-download so that I can log back into them and re-set up my home screens.

All that being said, when I can use the phone, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    When you're doing a factory reset your phone should return to the state it was in when you first got it. Taking it thru setup wizard. You're literally starting over with the device
    04-07-2015 03:42 PM
    This is just an opinion based on my time since update. I think what we're all not realizing is, because it's an all new operating system, we are ALL playing with the phones more than we normally do. It's the desire to try out the new features, check all of our apps to see if they still work, post more on the forums (like we are right now). If we all let the Lollipop NEWNESS wear off, I bet we'll ALL have a better awareness of ACTUAL battery life. Just sayin'!
    Nope. Standby is much better. Initially my thought was there was no change in battery life post update. However, after using my device normally at work today, it's draining noticeably faster...
    04-07-2015 06:02 PM
    Got 16 hours on my battery today with seven percent left over and I used my phone a lot today. The factory reset worked wonders.

jimd1050, rjr1209 and mrtwohands like this.
    04-07-2015 10:27 PM
    After day 2 following a factory reset I'm at 10% battery left and got 16 hours on the battery 4 hours on screen time
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-07-2015 11:21 PM
    Got 16 hours on my battery today with seven percent left over and I used my phone a lot today. The factory reset worked wonders.

Curious how you attribute that to being the result of a factory reset? That sounds normal to me not knowing what your on screen time was. I'm not a factory reset person but here is my result thus far on lollipop. I am intentionally letting my device drain down to 20% before I charge it back up.
    Attached Thumbnails Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?-1428483836683.jpg  
    04-08-2015 04:04 AM
    Lol I my spare battery was at 100 percent last night and I put it in and out it on the fast charger then went to bed now just woke up and it's at 48 percent. This is ridoculous.

04-08-2015 05:23 AM
    Lol I my spare battery was at 100 percent last night and I put it in and out it on the fast charger then went to bed now just woke up and it's at 48 percent. This is ridoculous.

Ouch!!!
    04-08-2015 05:55 AM
    Yeah it sucks. I read someone else had 10gb worth of pictures and they had the same problem due to maybe the system indexing the pictures well I have 45gb worth of pictures lol. My phone stays red hot just as a test I took the sd card out a little last night and it drained at normal pace before the update so hopefully today it will finish indexing and I can go back to normal.

04-08-2015 06:04 AM
    Update...not much for me to complain about. I'll flip flop and say maybe battery life with lollipop is about the same as kit kat. Based on my own usage.
    Attached Thumbnails Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?-1428493931325.jpg  
    04-08-2015 06:52 AM
    Curious how you attribute that to being the result of a factory reset? That sounds normal to me not knowing what your on screen time was. I'm not a factory reset person but here is my result thus far on lollipop. I am intentionally letting my device drain down to 20% before I charge it back up.
    Before the factory reset, my battery was draining at about 15 percent an hour. I didn't get a percent for screen time yesterday because I had done a restart, but I was on my screen quite a bit.
    04-08-2015 07:14 AM
    I didn't reset my phone.On day 4 of update..today the battery finally acted normal. Who knows
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-08-2015 08:30 PM
    Just wait for your solution.
    04-09-2015 01:11 AM
    Here are two screen shots showing my battery usage. It has improved some in the last few days

delco714 likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:18 AM
    I didn't reset my phone.On day 4 of update..today the battery finally acted normal. Who knows
    Thanks for posting this. Because of your post, I waited to see if things would improve without going through the hassle of a reset. My phone battery drain returned to normal after five days or so. At its worst, my phone would get hot and was eating about 16% per hour. Now, it's at 2.9% per hour.
    04-15-2015 02:01 PM
    Wonderful!!
    04-15-2015 02:05 PM
    Mine is a little better but still is alot worse than it was on kit kat plus it's hot all the time and media is still the top battery drain when I look at the stats.... I don't watch videos or play video games... wish I wouldn't of updated.

04-15-2015 08:16 PM
    Updated yesterday and the battery draining sooooooo fast now. Phone used to last all day on kit kat, now I had to charge 2 times today or would have died. I like the new update other then battery life. Wish I could go back to kit kat easy. I did the clear cache and no help to battery life. 2% down just typing this message lol
    04-15-2015 09:13 PM
    Just curious to know what everyone's top battery drain is besides screen? What's your phone radio percent?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
    04-16-2015 12:50 PM
    Just curious to know what everyone's top battery drain is besides screen? What's your phone radio percent?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
    For me, it's always "Android system" with around 20% and next is always "Andorid OS" with close to 20% !!!

These two mysteries I don't think have been ever solved on why these 2 drain so much battery!
    04-16-2015 07:58 PM
    I installed Lollipop and the drain on my battery started the next day. Cell Standby was at 10% with wifi on or off. I did not want to reset my phone and have to save photos and reinstall my apps.

In my experience many problems with batteries in electronics can be resolved by resetting the battery. I took the battery out of my phone for about 20 minutes. My battery was already at 20% level so after reinstalling the battery I turned the phone back on. Charged it to 100% and no more problems with Cell Standby.

Simple resolution that worked for me.
    mumfoau likes this.
    05-21-2015 04:56 PM
    Updated to 5.0.1 working good for me Verizon note 4

05-22-2015 11:31 PM
    Before the factory reset, my battery was draining at about 15 percent an hour. I didn't get a percent for screen time yesterday because I had done a restart, but I was on my screen quite a bit.
    I followed this thread when it was started, and never felt like doing the FDR because my phone still made it through a full day. After a while, however, of heavy use, I found that I was having to plug in if I wanted to keep going at night. Just the fact that I had to start thinking about battery life for longer days annoyed me.

So, I did the FDR. The change for me has been huge. I was up and off the charger at 5 am this morning, and still have 77% of my battery. I had the same experience over the weekend, even accounting for navigation use, playing music and some gaming. The standby battery loss is greatly improved. I wish I would have grabbed some screen shots prior to FDR, because the change would make for great pictures. I am now back to not being worried about battery life at all with my phone. In fact, every time I look at remaining charge, I get a pleasant surprise.

I can't remember reliably what is was before lollipop, but I think I am getting better battery life than when the phone was new. I still have a couple more apps to add back, so I hope this result holds.

TL;DR -- if you have any question about your battery life and Lollipop, do a FDR. For me, it was well worth the time.
    05-27-2015 02:48 PM
100 ... 234