Flickr keeps opening when I use thumbscan to unlock

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Well I finally found out why Flickr kept opening 90% of the time after I was using thumbscan to unlock my note 4. It seems that in the new lollypop update the option to have a live weather pic on the lock screen has a Flickr link at the bottom. So most of the time I ran my fat thumb over the finger scanner I was also touching that link just above on the screen. So when the phone would unlock a browser window would open to the Flickr page. How diabolical is that, Way to go Flicker!
Needless to say I dumped the weather pic option for a static one from my library on the phone and the problem went away.
It may not have been a link but the whole pic was clickable.
I have the ATT version of the note 4.

Google needs to drop the option to have any pic clickable on the lock screen. I could see a future nefarious goings on with something like that.

BennyBlanco99

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Same exact thing happened to me. I had one of the wallpapers that would randomly change every couple of hours and I guess it was through flikr or something because every time I would use the fingerprint scanner the flikr page would pop up. I also switched to just a picture in my gallery until that is fixed.

HATH

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue even though I use the pattern so it does not seem to have anything to do with the weather app. Looks like Flickr is preinstalled to open when I unlock the phone. So anoying

shadoboxer

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Think I've figured it out. If you have the yahoo weather wallpaper installed (the one that changes the lock screen image every so often) note that they've placed a flicker add close to where you swipe your thumb. I believe when you swipe your finger, sometimes it hits the add link causing the browser to open the flicker page. Pretty darn clever ....pretty annoying

Posted via Android Central App

Alexander Perry1

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys Im happy this post exists I was begining to think I installed a virus or ad ware or something but I too have been using the changing weather lock screen and had been wondering why flicker would keep opening..Thanks for the HELP GUYS

HATH

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue even though I have uninstalled Yahoo weather. There is no longer a Flickr ad, but it still keeps opening automatically. Not every time but sometimes. Must be some ad program running. Anyone knows of a good Flickr block?

Hickory Shampoo

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not an ad, so much as an unfortunate placement of a link to the photo currently on the screen. Because of the placement, as soon as your fingerprint sensor has enough to satisfy the security requirement, the tip of your finger is still swiping. Since the link is at the bottom of the image and right above the sensor, you're clicking the link every time. As far as I can tell, the link is embedded in the copyright line, as it seems not to happen with shorter Flickr names. Mine is fairly long, so users in Charlottetown PEI and a few Caribbean islands are probably sick of opening my page. :D

Danmut

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
That is so intelligent! Way to go Google! Yaay! Jesus Christ.. This is really annoying.. Why would I use your f**k'n wallpapers Sæm-song??

Yao Lee1

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem and figured out there was 2 links at the bottom. left side (yahoo) takes half and right side (flickr) takes right half.

So you can do 1 of 2 things... use a static image instead or swipe from higher above the phone and swipe past the links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez