Blocking mode gone from Lollipop?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Am I missing something, or has blocking mode been removed from Lollipop?

If not, where did it get moved?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
OK when blocked I am trying to find a way to keep the notifications from showing up

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
And btw there is no "favorite contacts" in this Do not disturb..by tht i mean you can't hand pick the few ppl "loved ones" for example that in case of emergency they call you and you can hear the phone go on! It used to present in Blocking mode!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
And btw there is no "favorite contacts" in this Do not disturb..by tht i mean you can't hand pick the few ppl "loved ones" for example that in case of emergency they call you and you can hear the phone go on! It used to present in Blocking mode!

Yes, that is still there. Do Not Disturb-->Allow Exceptions-->Calls and/or messages from

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So what's the difference between Do Not Disturb Meh vs Silent?

Basically, if you set to silent mode, nothing is on for notifications. Plus, it is something you have to manually toggle.

DND allows you to set up a schedule, and create exceptions for calls, alarms, etc.

What I use it for is at night. I turn off all notifications except incoming calls and alarms. I don't have a land line, so if someone is trying to reach me in an emergency, I want the phone to ring. Text messages, emails, FB, etc can wait until the following day. I'm amazed that Apple has yet to do this for the iOS platform (and if they have--point me in the right direction. My wife's iPhone drives me crazy when a west coast colleague of hers sends a 3 AM email). Somewhat amazed it took Android as long as it did. This was a staple feature of Blackberry OS and makes all the sense in the world.

Llaurra01

May 6, 2015
Visit site
sure.. it's THERE but try to make it work! I have a S4 Verizon and I used blocking mode daily to block out unwanted phone calls and ONLY get calls from people on my preferred list. I don't even see a way to edit this list now. I set it all up and tried to call from work since my work phone is not in my contacts list or saved to my phone anywhere and the call STILL came through. something's not working right...

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that is still there. Do Not Disturb-->Allow Exceptions-->Calls and/or messages from

The problem with tht is when you select "favorite contacts", and then you see the "favortite" tab under your contacts, it's the people you frequently contact...And for me, it's more than just my family members and I don't even contact them regularly..so tht's the problem.

3rd party apps lets you choose your "favorite contacts"...but the Do not disturb doesn't let u do tht!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It bugs my soul to see that Hangouts will not be silenced in Do Not disturb mode...And it's all part of the Andorid OS.

previously it was whtsapp in the Blocking mode...but that i can understand cuz they one is a 3rd party app not made by Android guys..But hangouts should be able to integrate with Do Not Disturb..

Now whtsapp integrates and it is silenced..but not Hangouts! WTF...

hawaiianatheart

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

But will only allow for "favorites" not individual preferences. I keep some people in "favorites" for easy, quick access. I don't want to have to add or remove from favorites just to handle my do not disturb.

DEVELOPERS: Please give us back our unique settings.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
For Blocking mode, "Allowed Contacts", KitKat lists ... None, All contacts, Favorites, Group, and Custom. Does Lollipop not show all the same options?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac