Am I missing something, or has blocking mode been removed from Lollipop?

If not, where did it get moved?
    04-19-2015 06:34 AM
    Nevermind. I found it again. I kept thinking it was blocking mode. It's been renamed Do Not Disturb.
    04-19-2015 06:49 AM
    Nevermind. I found it again. I kept thinking it was blocking mode. It's been renamed Do Not Disturb.
    Does it do the same thing

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-20-2015 03:04 PM
    Does it do the same thing

Yes, it is the same functionality.
    04-20-2015 03:35 PM
    OK when blocked I am trying to find a way to keep the notifications from showing up

04-20-2015 04:36 PM
    Blocking a Contact or blocking all notifications?
    04-20-2015 07:16 PM
    Blocking a Contact or blocking all notifications?
    All notifications

04-20-2015 10:20 PM
    Yes, it is the same functionality.
    Bug here too...Switch this mode on and then have some one call you...the ringtone is all messed up when it rings!
    04-20-2015 11:36 PM
    And btw there is no "favorite contacts" in this Do not disturb..by tht i mean you can't hand pick the few ppl "loved ones" for example that in case of emergency they call you and you can hear the phone go on! It used to present in Blocking mode!
    04-20-2015 11:38 PM
    So what's the difference between Do Not Disturb Meh vs Silent?
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    04-21-2015 12:12 AM
    And btw there is no "favorite contacts" in this Do not disturb..by tht i mean you can't hand pick the few ppl "loved ones" for example that in case of emergency they call you and you can hear the phone go on! It used to present in Blocking mode!
    Yes, that is still there. Do Not Disturb-->Allow Exceptions-->Calls and/or messages from
    04-21-2015 11:23 AM
    So what's the difference between Do Not Disturb Meh vs Silent?

Basically, if you set to silent mode, nothing is on for notifications. Plus, it is something you have to manually toggle.

DND allows you to set up a schedule, and create exceptions for calls, alarms, etc.

What I use it for is at night. I turn off all notifications except incoming calls and alarms. I don't have a land line, so if someone is trying to reach me in an emergency, I want the phone to ring. Text messages, emails, FB, etc can wait until the following day. I'm amazed that Apple has yet to do this for the iOS platform (and if they have--point me in the right direction. My wife's iPhone drives me crazy when a west coast colleague of hers sends a 3 AM email). Somewhat amazed it took Android as long as it did. This was a staple feature of Blackberry OS and makes all the sense in the world.
    04-21-2015 11:28 AM
    sure.. it's THERE but try to make it work! I have a S4 Verizon and I used blocking mode daily to block out unwanted phone calls and ONLY get calls from people on my preferred list. I don't even see a way to edit this list now. I set it all up and tried to call from work since my work phone is not in my contacts list or saved to my phone anywhere and the call STILL came through. something's not working right...
    05-06-2015 10:44 AM
    you have to go into contacts and hit the star on every person you want a call from.. which is stupid. i have hundreds to go through..
    05-06-2015 10:49 AM
    Yes, that is still there. Do Not Disturb-->Allow Exceptions-->Calls and/or messages from
    The problem with tht is when you select "favorite contacts", and then you see the "favortite" tab under your contacts, it's the people you frequently contact...And for me, it's more than just my family members and I don't even contact them regularly..so tht's the problem.

3rd party apps lets you choose your "favorite contacts"...but the Do not disturb doesn't let u do tht!
    05-06-2015 09:41 PM
    It bugs my soul to see that Hangouts will not be silenced in Do Not disturb mode...And it's all part of the Andorid OS.

previously it was whtsapp in the Blocking mode...but that i can understand cuz they one is a 3rd party app not made by Android guys..But hangouts should be able to integrate with Do Not Disturb..

Now whtsapp integrates and it is silenced..but not Hangouts! WTF...
    05-06-2015 09:43 PM
    But will only allow for "favorites" not individual preferences. I keep some people in "favorites" for easy, quick access. I don't want to have to add or remove from favorites just to handle my do not disturb.

DEVELOPERS: Please give us back our unique settings.
    05-13-2015 12:10 PM
    No!! Not the same , totally different.
    07-11-2015 09:34 PM
    For Blocking mode, "Allowed Contacts", KitKat lists ... None, All contacts, Favorites, Group, and Custom. Does Lollipop not show all the same options?
    07-12-2015 06:10 AM
    The missing options are Group and Custom. The fact these are missing is what this whole thread is about. Please bring them back.
    10-24-2015 08:49 AM
    Blocking mode was totally different with do not distrub,

In blocking mode, if a person make call , he will be getting a busy tone , while in DO not disturb, the person calling will get the calling tune , but only the ring tone is disabled
    11-01-2016 01:16 PM