Need a messaging app that blocks texts that aren't in contacts and has schedule send

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
I have been using textra for years, but it lacks the ability to messages that aren't from contacts. The problem with blocking unknown messages I heard was that it requires a new texting app that supports that feature, and the ones I tried do not support schedule send. So its a catch 22. Do I want the inconveience of not being able to schedule send a message, or do I want scammers messsaging me claiming to be from my bank?

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
The problem with blocking unknown messages I heard was that it requires a new texting app that supports that feature, and the ones I tried do not support schedule send. So its a catch 22. Do I want the inconveience of not being able to schedule send a message, or do I want scammers messsaging me claiming to be from my bank?
It seems like a simple enough request,but I'm finding the same as you - one feature or the other. Call & SMS Blocker allows blocking everyone but contacts, but not scheduled sending. I'm wondering though if you really want to block everyone that's not a contact. That could cause for example, a doctor's office being unable to contact you. The stock Messages app allows scheduled sending (long-press the Send icon) and does a pretty good job of weeding out spam and unknown by enabling the "Spam protection" feature in the app's settings.

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
Google messages has both but its too fancy for me and has too many distractions. Like the search bar constantly changing text

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter