Are you using a smart watch with your Note 4?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Gear S for me. It is fine paired with the Note 4 but when I find myself driving away without my Note it truly stands out. It has it's own phone number. It is like 5 bucks to add to the plan. Always in contact, cool watch faces, bunch of apps just waiting for me to use. It is a great choice.

jmho

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I guess I will be the first still using my Gear 1 for almost 2 years. Worked great on my Note 2 and just as well on my Note 4. I have been a watch nut my whole life, but can't tell you how much I really enjoy my D ick Tracy gadget. Makes me smile every time I take a call with my watch!
Edit.. You really can't print the short name for Richard without seeing **** in it's place?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the responses. I am probably looking at either the Moto 360 at $180 or the Gear 2 Neo at $200. I will go check them out in person since I have not had any hands on time with any smart watch. I am also going to check out the Gear S. While it is more than what I am looking to spend it sounds like those that have it really like it. Might be worth it to take calls without having to have my phone on me. I probably will go tomorrow and check them all out at lunch.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for all the responses. I am probably looking at either the Moto 360 at $180 or the Gear 2 Neo at $200. I will go check them out in person since I have not had any hands on time with any smart watch. I am also going to check out the Gear S. While it is more than what I am looking to spend it sounds like those that have it really like it. Might be worth it to take calls without having to have my phone on me. I probably will go tomorrow and check them all out at lunch.
As I wrote before I wanted a Neo but ended up with the S only because of the deal I got and they were out of Neo everywhere. I always wore square watches before digital phones when I stopped wearing a watch except hrm ones. I'm not a big fan of AW because it's basically Google Now which I loathe on my phones and tablets. If/when they get away from tiles I'll look at them again.
Good luck with your search and no matter which you choose of the 3 you listed it'll be a good choice.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What more do you want your Fit to track? I use my Fit (as I wrote before I've got an S and a Fit) for making maps as well as tracking rides, hikes, heart rate, etc but I use it in conjunction with the s health app on the phone.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I'd like things like route tracking and elevation tracking, but it's not a huge deal. I use mine in conjunction with s health too.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have the Asus watch. Like it a lot. Also use a Samsung Fit (not Android Wear) sometimes. Both work well and look good. People I meet bring them up and like them both.

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Gear S. Works great, battery life very good (2-3 days). As others have said, the apps are pretty limited for the watch. (clock faces and others). Does a great job working as a phone, checking emails, texts, tracking steps. Easy to set up and have had no issues. Good luck.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I'd like things like route tracking and elevation tracking, but it's not a huge deal. I use mine in conjunction with s health too.
I agree it'd be nice but it sounds like you already use the work around ,S Health. Look at it this way I suppose, if it had its own GPS chip for the ability to do that it'd be a battery hog to use. I'm thinking that's one reason they left it off. If I've got my phone with me I use its GPS instead of the one on the watch for that reason, battery savings. It truly would be awesome to have a watch the size of the Fit that'd stand on its own for the health stuff but still be able to do what it does when tethered to a phone. I'm not aware of any fitness bands that you can get a texting app for (Fit Messages, $1.99 on Play Store) for full fledged text ability as an example of why I prefer my Fit over them.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Have the Asus watch. Like it a lot. Also use a Samsung Fit (not Android Wear) sometimes. Both work well and look good. People I meet bring them up and like them both.
I got many more comments and compliments on my Fit than I've gotten about my S. I'm thinking folks see my big arms and wrists and the S looks like a sports watch whereas the Fit looks small.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG G watch. Got it last December for $69 on Groupon. At that price, I consider it a pretty great watch. I've actually had quite a few people ask me how I liked my Apple watch, lol. Battery life isn't great (1.5 days usually) but since I charge it every night, that's not an issue. I like that it uses Android Wear and even though it doesn't run flawlessly (not sure if that's a software or watch issue), it works the way I want it to 99% of the time.

scrapmanson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about switching from note 4 to back to iPhone, and getting an apple watch. That think looks so cool and classy. Talk me out of it? What's the best and classy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984