Lollipop update from Verizon

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Has any of you upgraded to Lollipop yet? I'm hesitant about doing the update. Any issues that you can make me aware of. I appreciate your feedback.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Has any of you upgraded to Lollipop yet? I'm hesitant about doing the update. Any issues that you can make me aware of. I appreciate your feedback.

DUDEEEEEEEEEEE....you living under a rock? TONS of ppl have upgraded it Already!! And there are Tons of threads with bug reports and all that...please search around!

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hesitant as well. I just got the Note 4 yesterday. I know some people have had issues with battery drainage. Some said recommend a factory reset after updating or clearing the cache.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Dude?? come on kid. I'm a 44 old guy. I asked a simple question which required a simple answer. Don't need to answer it. Keep scrolling.

xcalibur1011

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
If you got a NOTE 4 recently, I DON"T recommend that you upgrade just yet!

The Best Buy employee said the same thing. He is holding off updating his. I had issues with my G2 after the update. A factory reset did solve the problems, but a reset is such a headache.

mslal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 4 since November and took the update when it became available. Have no issues with it at all.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I updated with no issues after having my Note4 for a week. Didn't need a factory reset. Battery lasts up to 4 days.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my Note 4 about 10 days ago and updated on day 1. I don't know how the Note 4 did on battery life prior to lollipop but mine is fine. I get a full day without issue. I also do not have any other bugs that I have noticed. Everyone uses their phone differently so I can't say 100% that there are no issues but I don't have any.

Sent from my Note 4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Some updates on some phones on some carriers have some issues. My take is that since there are MAJOR bugs until at least 5.0.2, I won't even think of updating until 5..1 (and until I see what bugs were fixed in 5.1.1). Then, if 5.1, or 5.1.1, actually has somethingworth updating for, maybe I will. (I'm still on 4.4.2. 4.4.4 fixed the OpenSSL bug but, since I don't use my phone for anything secure (if you want to man-in-the-middle-steal my password to a forum, be my guest - I can prove whether it's me or not), so I don't need it. Lollipoop? A white screen on an Amoled display? A penny will kill my battery more easily. Just short the contacts, wait 5 minutes and put the new battery in then phone. I already get 4 days standby, so I don't need another 3 hours (and lose more than that if I use a Material Disgust app [I really don't like MD]).

Gearheadaddy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Some updates on some phones on some carriers have some issues. My take is that since there are MAJOR bugs until at least 5.0.2, I won't even think of updating until 5..1 (and until I see what bugs were fixed in 5.1.1). Then, if 5.1, or 5.1.1, actually has somethingworth updating for, maybe I will. (I'm still on 4.4.2. 4.4.4 fixed the OpenSSL bug but, since I don't use my phone for anything secure (if you want to man-in-the-middle-steal my password to a forum, be my guest - I can prove whether it's me or not), so I don't need it. Lollipoop? A white screen on an Amoled display? A penny will kill my battery more easily. Just short the contacts, wait 5 minutes and put the new battery in then phone. I already get 4 days standby, so I don't need another 3 hours (and lose more than that if I use a Material Disgust app [I really don't like MD]).

The Verizon Note 4 Update is 5.0.1...Phone is fine...no issues...Battery lasts longer than on my BlackBerry Z10...I have a blog site with 29,000+ subscribers communicating constantly all day. Battery lasts 1 day for me. Emails, pictures, videos too...sent and received.

Posted via the Verizon Note 4

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Switched from Tmo to Verizon the day after Lollipop came out so started fresh on a new Note 4 with Lollipop. Works beautifully. The only issue I have is audio over bluetooth blanking out for a second every now and then and the dang battery full notification that I cannot get seem to get rid of. Very pleased otherwise.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is DONT UPGRADE until they get all the bugs worked out. I am one Verizon with a Note 4 and is been nothing but a nightmare since I've updated. Problems that I'm seeing are;

- The phone reboots constantly at least 4 or 5 times a day
- applications locked up and stop functioning
- battery life went down considerably
- some of the upgrades flat-out dormant sense. ie. Why do I need to word Verizon over my notification icons. It's been nothing but a hindrance.
- I'm also having issues connecting with my Bluetooth now where before I didn't

And frankly I'm looking to see what steps I can take to revert back to Kit Kat, that's how bad it is for me anyway. The only thing I did not do was a factory reset or my phone. This may or may not correct my problems, but regardless I shouldn't have to do a full factory reset for an upgrade.

As one other poster pointed out, there are a ton of postings that address many of the issues.

Is anyone aware of how to restore back to Kit Kat.. Or even if it's possible..? Or any other suggestions I can try aside from a factory reset. If worse comes to worse, and that's what I have to do, I'll do it...

Thank you in advance

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
After mixed reviews, I finally did it on verizon version. It comes unlocked so I'm using a different carrier. Luckily, my work phone is a verizon phone so I just put that sim into my Note 4 for the update. No problems so far. No reset necessary and I'm a heavy user.

Posted from the best phone ever 📱the Note 4📱

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is DONT UPGRADE until they get all the bugs worked out. I am one Verizon with a Note 4 and is been nothing but a nightmare since I've updated. Problems that I'm seeing are;

- The phone reboots constantly at least 4 or 5 times a day
- applications locked up and stop functioning
- battery life went down considerably
- some of the upgrades flat-out dormant sense. ie. Why do I need to word Verizon over my notification icons. It's been nothing but a hindrance.
- I'm also having issues connecting with my Bluetooth now where before I didn't

And frankly I'm looking to see what steps I can take to revert back to Kit Kat, that's how bad it is for me anyway. The only thing I did not do was a factory reset or my phone. This may or may not correct my problems, but regardless I shouldn't have to do a full factory reset for an upgrade.

As one other poster pointed out, there are a ton of postings that address many of the issues.

Is anyone aware of how to restore back to Kit Kat.. Or even if it's possible..? Or any other suggestions I can try aside from a factory reset. If worse comes to worse, and that's what I have to do, I'll do it...

Thank you in advance

What your seeing is not normal or typical. I have 4 VZW Note 4's I administer and none are having any of hte problems you speak of. Battery life does seem less and I might have a slight BT problem on another. While I agree a factory reset should not be necessary it will help you out a lot on most of those things. Try this before reverting back. I have not been able to do a reset on mine but will be doing that here soon.