Which case for Note 4?

davidfite1978

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm about to ditch my S5 and get the Note 4. I'm worried about how big the phone will be with a case on it. I hate losing the waterproof-ness of the S5 too, but I really don't want a big bulky otterbox. Any ideas on a good case that can handle a normal drop every now and then, and possibly some rain or water protection?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to ditch my S5 and get the Note 4. I'm worried about how big the phone will be with a case on it. I hate losing the waterproof-ness of the S5 too, but I really don't want a big bulky otterbox. Any ideas on a good case that can handle a normal drop every now and then, and possibly some rain or water protection?
Spigen Neo Hybrid or Caseology has one that looks like the neo hybrid. Both are very slim.
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Note-C...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4410314

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

I personally love the Speck Candyshell. Adds very little bulk, looks great, and the grip on the back is really nice. I have tried other cases and always come back to it. I would stay away from Otterbox. They add tons of bulk.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...msung-galaxy-note-4-cases.html&token=rnd3f0Ie

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Big fan of the Otterbox cases. Warranty is great. Only downside is that it makes the phone a little more bulky, but it has saved me countless times when it has been dropped.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Spigen Slim Armor or the Neo Hybrid.

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Surprised you're not a fan of OtterBox. I actually like their cases. But I understand, they are on the bulkier side. Other cases that do a decent enough job in shock absorption and look aesthetically pleasing are Caseology Bumper Frame Case and the Spigen Tough Armor Case. I believe both are under $50. Hope this helps!

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung protective cover is really nice and slim while offering some protection. I also just picked up the s view which I really like.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking mine naked with just the thin Verizon tempered glass screen protector. Mine is white and I'm in search of a black Verizon back cover for it. I think a black back with the white face would be slick!

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Slimmest case is the Samsung case. I held out on buying it for a while (while trying Verus Thor, Verus Iron Shield, Spigen Neo Hybrid, Spigen Tough Armor, Spigen Slim Armor, and the Speck Candyshell Grip). Now I rarely use any of those.... Primarily use the Samsung case or the Samsung S-View. Also LOVE the Samsung LED Flip Wallet.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

dlrogers81

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Slimmest case is the Samsung case. I held out on buying it for a while (while trying Verus Thor, Verus Iron Shield, Spigen Neo Hybrid, Spigen Tough Armor, Spigen Slim Armor, and the Speck Candyshell Grip). Now I rarely use any of those.... Primarily use the Samsung case or the Samsung S-View. Also LOVE the Samsung LED Flip Wallet.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
I have the Samsung case as well, the blue one...and it's perfect. Doesn't bulk up the phone at all, and gives it a great look.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a tech21 impact tactical, and a speck candy shell grip. I like them both. The candy shell is slightly more narrow than the tech 21 case.
But the tech 21 case is my daily driver since it slips in and out of pockets better. But you can't go wrong with either.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Admitted case-aholic here. I have the thin fit spigen (black), caseology metallic mesh, silver, and a Samsung protective cover in blue for my white note 4.since I don't drop my phone much at all (maybe once every six months) I don't need Otterbox type protection. The phone itself is relatively resilient, and with aluminum band, only falls directly onto the face would be fatal. I prefer to minimize the bulk of an already large phone, but it's really your choice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mallory Knocks