downgrade to kikat

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On my AT&T S5, the ONLY way I could stop the updater was because I was rooted and I could freeze the updater. That option to freeze was through a 3rd party app that only works on rooted devices, that is the only way I had access to that app that updates.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Worked on my Verizon Note 4 back in Dec. 2014 (to stay on the original release KitKat firmware), haven't seen an update notice since (and no longer have the software update option in the menu settings). I just followed the instructions posted in the XDA thread. You may want to ask there why it's not working for you.

You could stay on KitKat, but the Lollipop update made some problems with some US carriers and rolling back..

Last edited:

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
i downgraded to kitkat today !
rooted it so it wont update, and finaly got xposed back !

I allready love it again !

il get back to lollipop if they ever make it as good as kitkat

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
i downgraded to kitkat today !
rooted it so it wont update, and finaly got xposed back !

I allready love it again !

il get back to lollipop if they ever make it as good as kitkat

can you teach me how please step by step? when I tried rooting it would always fail saying some error about the partition

I know how to install Kit Kat if you can just teach me how to root the Note 4 and how to disable this update nag via root I would really appreciate it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
can you teach me how please step by step? when I tried rooting it would always fail saying some error about the partition

I know how to install Kit Kat if you can just teach me how to root the Note 4 and how to disable this update nag via root I would really appreciate it

BullGuard8,

Have you seen Synycalwon's posts to you and the private messages they sent to you? I've seen them post to you about their issue several times. Can you please answer one of the messages so this issue can be dealt with?

Thanks!

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
BullGuard8,

Have you seen Synycalwon's posts to you and the private messages they sent to you? I've seen them post to you about their issue several times. Can you please answer one of the messages so this issue can be dealt with?

Thanks!

I never saw any of the PMs as I don't get popups, I just saw it and changed the avatar. I couldn't care less about an avatar, LOL big deal! :D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never saw any of the PMs as I don't get popups, I just saw it and changed the avatar. I couldn't care less about an avatar, LOL big deal! :D

Ok..thanks for taking care of that issue. I don't know who had it first, I was just wanting you two to get the issue worked out because it was bothering Synycalwon, so better to get it discussed or worked out some way.

Thanks for handling the situation!

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok..thanks for taking care of that issue. I don't know who had it first, I was just wanting you two to get the issue worked out because it was bothering Synycalwon, so better to get it discussed or worked out some way.

Thanks for handling the situation!

np man, I really don't care about avatars I have no issue changing it to a fluffy duck if y'all want :D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
np man, I really don't care about avatars I have no issue changing it to a fluffy duck if y'all want :D

It isn't up to me what avatar anyone has. I had just noticed that something had been said several times and for whatever reason, you two weren't communicating.

I just decided to give a shot at being an "unofficial mediator" and seeing if we could get it settled, since we are a little community here. :)

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
It isn't up to me what avatar anyone has. I had just noticed that something had been said several times and for whatever reason, you two weren't communicating.

I just decided to give a shot at being an "unofficial mediator" and seeing if we could get it settled, since we are a little community here. :)

Yeah I havent seen his or the mod's PM until you notified me now as I only come here for help not a regular you know.... I also don't get popups when receiving a new PM hence why those PMs were lying in my inbox collecting dust. I wouldn't hesitate to remove an avatar if it hurts someone or offends him I just used it thinking it was super duper Androidy cool not knowing it was his own work that he spent so much time in creating it :)

All good now

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
A big hat tip to you Kelly! Thank you for the assist. :D

Thank you BullGuard8! I really, really appreciate you changing the avatar. :D Sounds silly but it was a bit of a thorn in my side nagging at me. I feel much much better now. Thanks again!

Note: my apologies to all for taking the thread off topic.

I totally understand bro, I wouldn't be happy if someone simply stole my avatar that I worked hard to create. I didn't even think of asking you silly me, I thought you just grabbed it from some cool site LOL

all good, have a good one

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Okay I had trouble rooting to. Search for the cf autoroot topic on XDA. Find the older root file for 4.4.4. Then, disable reactivation lock under settings. That was failing my root to but now it works. Maybe you can just use the cf autoroot file from chainfires website but idk that for sure.

Grt

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay I had trouble rooting to. Search for the cf autoroot topic on XDA. Find the older root file for 4.4.4. Then, disable reactivation lock under settings. That was failing my root to but now it works. Maybe you can just use the cf autoroot file from chainfires website but idk that for sure.

Grt
as I mentioned earlier, I already rooted ;)