downgrade to kikat

david10244

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, i got a question

i heard if even you downgrade back to kitkat,

either Samsung or the firmware will re-install lollipop for you automatically???

thanks a lot

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, i got a question

i heard if even you downgrade back to kitkat,

either Samsung or the firmware will re-install lollipop for you automatically???

thanks a lot
yes, I did it, waste of time, it will keep nagging till no end till you are tired and end up upgrading back again! I am baffled about this! I hate lollicrap so much :(

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I downgraded back to Kitkat, disabled "automatic updates" and haven't had a problem with it reinstalling Lollipop. My phone is perfect again.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I did that uncheck automatic updates but I always see a notification that there is an update. bothers the heck out of me so I upgraded again :(

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I did that uncheck automatic updates but I always see a notification that there is an update. bothers the heck out of me so I upgraded again :(

When "auto update" is disabled the phone should notify you only once that an update is available and will give you the option to install it now or later, I clicked on "later". Then it asked me when I wanted to be reminded again, I chose "never" and the notification disappeared for good.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
When "auto update" is disabled the phone should notify you only once that an update is available and will give you the option to install it now or later, I clicked on "later". Then it asked me when I wanted to be reminded again, I chose "never" and the notification disappeared for good.
thanks! I'll try that then! hate this lollipop so much!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That is carrier specific.

You don't get to do that in the US.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
thanks! I'll try that then! hate this lollipop so much!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I used 4G to do this because I thought wi-fi may automatically download the dreaded Lollipop but connected to it later on and didn't get any further update reminders or notifications.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I used 4G to do this because I thought wi-fi may automatically download the dreaded Lollipop but connected to it later on and didn't get any further update reminders or notifications.

Every US carrier will force it on you eventually, if you have their branded phone.

Don't know about other countries, etc.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

so I disabled auto update but the notification is always there and it only stays install at the bottom there is no LATER :(

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
AT&T does not have that option, I downgraded to N910AUCU1ANIE and overnite while my phone wifi was turned off, it downloaded the C0C4, it can only be postponed three times and it will install it whether you like it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86