A quick update. Other than the design changes that effectively downgraded notifications from previous versions, I have found that the factory reset/clean install (as suggested) largely addressed the lag issues etc. In fact, I'm finding it to be quite an improvement. Thanks for the suggestions.
    05-11-2015 02:35 PM
    Wow. Not sure what to say. I don't have any of those problems. I'm on verizon as well. I would do a factory restore unless someone has another suggestion. Sounds like a train wreck. Sorry you are having all of these issues. I would be very frustrated.

Sent from my Note 4
    jimd1050 likes this.
    05-11-2015 02:50 PM
    This update has so many frustrations, it is time to do something about it. Not exhaustive, but here is a list of some issues I've been experiencing.
    • Call button too close to home button on call screen causing unintentional redial after hanging up and attempting to hit home screen and getting the call button involved.
    • Obtrusive and overly persistent notifications disrupting work flow.
    • Font too large and background too bright and non-transparent on notifications. It's ugly.
    • Too many apps hijacking notifications now that it's effectiveness has diminished. Spam-like.
    • Some notifications, such as Google Play Store's, do not hyperlink to the app when connected.
    • Touchwiz often crashes.
    • Bluetooth stops working/disconnect often.
    • Earpiece and speaker go mute periodically while on phone.
    • No longer able to choose mute, vibrate, or sound from the lock screen.
    • cannot edit alarm from the widget
    • pictures taken within apps have the wrong orientation when saved in photo album

Any suggestions or similar experiences appreciated. It is making me want to try Fi and go with the Nexus.
    For your notifications, go into "Sounds & Notifications" and you can turn notifications for specific apps.

The making a call back after hanging up, that has happened with me several times, did it earlier today.
    05-11-2015 03:09 PM
    I too have all the same issues. Maybe it is something in the North East. I would love a solution!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 03:14 PM
    My navigation is horrible since the lollipop update, and now I get dropped calls with Verizon.

05-11-2015 03:38 PM
    roams11, Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble and Thank you so much for posting a detailed list of items you are having trouble with after installing Lollipop. I have been deferring my update to a later date for like 2 weeks now and will continue to do so!
    05-11-2015 07:44 PM
    On verizon here and no issues what so ever. Best android OS yet. With all these issue you are having, my advice is to do a factory rest and start fresh. It's going to take more effort and time to try and fix these issues one by one.
    jimd1050 and ehstaley like this.
    05-11-2015 07:56 PM
    After I got 5.0 for my Note 4 on Verizon , I didn't hesitate , I did a factory reset immediately and have had no problems at all. Smooth and nice.

jimd1050 and ehstaley like this.
    05-11-2015 11:25 PM
    I'm getting way more dropped calls and the phone gets hot when not using power save mode. But other than that, I really like the update.
    05-11-2015 11:30 PM