Screen Dimming

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Is anyone else having issues with their Note 4 and their screen dimming?

My phone isn't set to auto brightness or anything like that. And I've noticed when going on websites, forums that have a white background, that the phone dims down a click or two and sometimes out of the blue it will brighten back up. I tried searching online but couldn't find any issues regarding this. Super annoying!!!

Anyone else experiencing this?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings / Device / Display. Do you have "Auto Adjust Screen Tone" turned on? That will dim your screen based on the brightness of what is on the screen, and not based on ambient light. So when there is a lot of white on the screen, it will auto-dim the screen to save power whether you have told it to adapt to the brightness of your environment or not. That sounds a lot like what you are experiencing.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So I checked the settings. Power save mode and ultra power save mode are both set to OFF.

Auto Adjust Screen Tone box is unchecked so that's off as well. it almost seems as if even though it's off it's still activating maybe?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What are you using for your browser? Chrome or the included "Internet"?

If you are using the included browser, it can also take advantage of "Adaptive Display", which adjusts saturation to adapt to the kind of things you are looking at. A saturation change could most certainly be seen as dimming. That setting is just above the "Auto Adjust Screen Tone".

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
So I installed LUX Lite, it still happens from time to time. Not sure what's causing this. Wondering if it's a faulty panel but then again it's not doing it constantly so it shouldn't be a bad panel.... Hmmmm.

pamarakos

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So I installed LUX Lite, it still happens from time to time. Not sure what's causing this. Wondering if it's a faulty panel but then again it's not doing it constantly so it shouldn't be a bad panel.... Hmmmm.

Same thing happens on s6 edge (not normal s6) and it is a bug which was supposed to be solved on 5.1.1 but no luck...put a torch on the sensor next to the earphone and you ll see brightness coming back to full..if you find any solution for your note4 please quote me!