Read Receipt options?

LionPride13

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

New to the forum.
Have a quick question.

Phone in question Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone.

I receive messages form and iPhone that must be using iMessage, because they know when i read the message that they have sent on my Note 4.

I want to be able to prevent this from happening. is there any option other then 3rd party apps that will allow me to see the message without them know that i have read it.

the phone is not rooted and dont really want to root it anyways.

Any help would be great, including any links of this discussion as i did not find much.

Thanks.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Contact yiur carrier as this carrier not an app issue.

I am looking for the opposite. I want to know when some one reads my message. Not looking for a message received but an actual read receipt.

Posted via the Android Central App

LionPride13

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
i was trying to find the answer to my question, (and failed) however it seems that you would need a 3rd party app to get the read receipt.

and this might be a dumb question, but how is it a carrier issue.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 doesn't have the ability to block what you want. Like you probably suspect, you're going to have to find a 3rd party app... if it even exists. Since the iPhone is sending the request receipt, you might have to speak to whoever is sending you messages and ask them to disable the feature.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a Verizon Note 4 and the default text app is Verizon's Messages +. It has the option for "reply to read request". Are you on Verizon? Is your texting from something other than stock Android app possibly?

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
That's odd as heck. Though when I was on the iPhone I hardly ever messaged anyone outside of an iPhone user. The read receipt should only work on other iPhone/iMessage users...unless something has changed since my egress from iPhone.

LionPride13

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
My network is sprint.
and i think the apple imessage gets a read reply form anyone they text.
i would think android being an open platform that we would have a fix for this,
Maybe its something i will have to look into creating via open source.

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
From what I know and having an iPhone before the read receipts can only be viewed by other iPhone users. If your seeing read receipts while the color is green meaning from someone who doesn't own an iPhone then that's wonderful but I haven't seen that.

Posted via My Note 4

Hayley925

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung S4. When my daughter sends picture messages (mms) from imessage on her iPhone 5 to my Samsung, I get a pop up asking me to select Cancel or Ok for sending a read receipt. It only happens on mms. I just click cancel and she doesn't receive them. Seems it's the iPhone asking for them the same way it asks when there is another iPhone involved.