Why won't my apps update over wifi?

A

AC Question

Apps won't update over WiFi

Yesterday I upgraded my router to a new Belkin router. Today I've been having a lot of problems with my phone connecting to the WiFi properly. Specifically, I can surf the web and download web pages, but apps such as Instagram and Snapchat won't update at all. If I turn WiFi off, I can download just fine over 4G, but once I turn the WiFi on and my phone connects, these apps fail to download anything new. Also, if I turn my phone onto Airplane mode and then back off, I am able to download for a few seconds before it begin to get the same problem. All other devices - gaming console, laptop - are connecting just fine, without any problems. It's only my phone, and only the apps, which fail to download.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 4 on Android 5.0.1

I've checked the Date and Time, I've restarted my modem and my router, I've restarted my phone. None of these have led to any positive solutions. Please help!

Thanks!

The70th

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apps won't update over WiFi

Found a solution. Apparently the issue stems from Ipv6 on your phone not communicating well with Ipv6 on my router? I don't understand the specifics all too well, but I downloaded an app called DNSet and it totally fixed my connection issues.

Any idea how to get this information to Google, so that they can come out with a permanent fix?

Thanks!