Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 ATT

angel220

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Not good on the battery issue. First drain 54% to 0% in a second, 2nd drain 34% to 0% in a second. Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

fraliex

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Samsung to see if Smart Switch or Kies were getting update anytime soon since I have failed twice in OTA. They said they didn't have the update available yet and suggested I have the Samsung help desk at my local Best Buy reflash my ROM. But I'm going to attempt a 3rd time, because I did have a lot of "turn off" at&t bloatware. Hopefully that caused an issue with the update, which it hasn't caused issues Prior updates.

I have to wait another 11 hours before I can recheck updates.

fraliex

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Samsung to see if Smart Switch or Kies were getting update anytime soon since I have failed twice in OTA. They said they didn't have the update available yet and suggested I have the Samsung help desk at my local Best Buy reflash my ROM. But I'm going to attempt a 3rd time, because I did have a lot of "turn off" at&t bloatware. Hopefully that caused an issue with the update, which it hasn't caused issues Prior updates.

I have to wait another 11 hours before I can recheck updates.

I ended up changing my phone date to get the download again, but it failed again so the bloatware being turned off or on made no difference.

azach19

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
someone had said to clear your cach data in your settings>storage i tried 3 times before and just did it a 4th time where i had cleared the data and it worked. and yeah you will have to go in to time/day settings and change your date to X hours that the prompt gives you.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I did the update last night. It took a really long time to update on WiFi at home here. Once it downloaded, I let it run and now the phone does seem much faster. That's all I noticed. I haven't really had any problems with THIS phone on Lollipop, but it's a Warranty Replacement, since my original phone was randomly dropping Calls all of a sudden and had heating issues. Now everything is running nice a smooth. My last one was running smooth On Lollipop, until the dropped calls started happening. The overheating didn't start until the Lollipop update though.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting an update failed. Can anyone help with this?

Try going into recovery mode and clearing cache partition. Turn Phone Off>Hold Sleep/wake, home & power button down, till "entering recovery" text appears. Then goto "Cache Partition" and clear cache.

It could also just be related to a corrupted download, you may have to take it to a bestbuy or samsung bar and have the flash it.

Richard Cena

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have ATT and I have the note 4. So far is great. I do notice is much more smoother and they took off the ability to check the top menu when on standby mood which is OK but is w.e. I hope we do get Android M soon. Can't wait. Also can't wait for Note 6. I hope they bring back the SD extended and the ability to remove the battery cause I honestly don't think the note 4 is worth upgrading to note 5. In case the phone is overheating...I would like to take the battery out and I would like to upgrade my SD card if anything.

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting "Software update interrupted" and then to try again. I cleared the storage cache. Does it need to have a sim card in it? If so will my sim from my Note 5 work? Thanks

Rogue Tomato

Banned
Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, but before I took the OTA, I wiped everything, flashed stock OF5, and then took the OTA. It rebooted like 4 times during the process, but everything finished just fine. I don't know if that will help anyone on AT&T though.

hardwurkindaddy

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated three times, fully downloaded the update, failed. Cleared the cache, changed the date. Now it says "software update interrupted. No update is available for your device for 24 hours." Wth?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Fantastic update. D/L'd the update 3 times, failed every time. Now my 128GB SD card (wich is nearly full of stuff) is stuck on checking for errors. If this needs a factory reset to get this SD issue fixed, I'm seriously gonna chuck this thing against the wall.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699