Sd card and note 4

JEFFA1968

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
So, I was having battery issues with my new Galaxy Note 4 & I was advised to remove my sd card because media was showing up at 40% and killing my battery, so I did remove my sd card but now I'm not able to put everything on my phone but I would like. Any suggestions as to how to reinstall the SD card and yet prevent it from taking up so much battery? Thank you very much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not that you can never use your SD card again--it's that there was likely some file on the card that's corrupt, which was causing the system's Media Scanner to get stuck scanning that file over and over. You have two options:

1. Insert the card into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If it finds bad sectors, let it fix or quarantine them, then try using the card again.

2. If the card itself is corrupt or failing, try a different card. Stick with cards from well-known companies like Sandisk or Samsung, and buy them from reputable stores or online retailers. Don't get them from random sellers on eBay or the Amazon Marketplace, because counterfeit cards are pretty common.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
B. Diddy is right, it's either a bad card or a bad file on the card. Only way to know is to either test the card as suggested or back all of it's contents up, format it and slowly copy files onto it in batches until the problem reappears. If it were me I would pull the contents of the card off onto a hard drive using a computer, then format the card and check it with chkdsk (assuming windows PC) verifying free space as well.

If scans come up clean I'd then copy one folder at a time back onto the card and test the phone as I go. The trouble with doing this is figuring out what file is corrupt . . I've heard of people loading thousands of music files or other types of media files and having a bear of a time finding that ONE single corrupt file . . .

Good luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good advice from muzzy996. Also, try running SD Insight while the card is in the phone. This can tell you if the card is really what it says it is, or if it's counterfeit.

jeffrey10000

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, if you must reformat the card, always format the card in the phone first. In fact always format the card in the device in which it will be used. If you do this, your card will always have the correct format.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty