random pictures/icons in gallery

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd anyone else getting black and white icons in their gallery? Seems to happen when I screen shot or download a picture from the internet. It's really annoying. I attached a picture of what I mean. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-11-12-11-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-11-12-11-59.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 63

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Check where those pictures are getting saved to. Most likely it's an app or game downloading image assets but not 'hiding' them from the phone as "No Media", which is why they show up in your phone.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same thing happening lately. It looks like the Pandora P.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
In Gallery you can long press the picture to select the file, then tap the three dots at the upper right, tap Details in the menu that is displayed, then scroll down to see the path of the file. If you place a file named .nomedia (contents irrelevant) in the same directory as the picture file, files in that directory should no longer be shown by Android media apps such as Gallery. In my case, this Pandora icon is bmwgroup/com.pandora.android/icon.png, and once I copied a .nomedia file into that directory (using My Files) the picture was no longer shown in Gallery.

Larry

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I could do that. How do I create the .nomedia file?

Some time ago I created a .nomedia file on a PC containing only a few bytes using a text editor like notepad and copied it to where I needed it on my phone. Now, whenever I need a copy in another directory on the phone I use My Files to copy that file to the new directory.

Larry

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Some time ago I created a .nomedia file on a PC containing only a few bytes using a text editor like notepad and copied it to where I needed it on my phone. Now, whenever I need a copy in another directory on the phone I use My Files to copy that file to the new directory.

Larry

Ok, so I put the .nomedia file in the album with the Pandora P image and today I noticed that the image is showing up again. Did I do something wrong? It worked for a little bit.