Note 4 and Google Cardboard

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been intrigued by the VR explosion and was wondering if anyone here has used their Note 4 with Google Cardboard or any VR intrument and what is your experience. Thinking of giving it a try. Thanks for your replies.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been intrigued by the VR explosion and was wondering if anyone here has used their Note 4 with Google Cardboard or any VR intrument and what is your experience. Thinking of giving it a try. Thanks for your replies.

I have. It won't fit in a case, so I have to take my Note out of it's case each time. I got Cardboard for free, so I only used it the day I got it in the mail. It was freaking awesome but I haven't pursued it at all. It made me a little dizzy, but it's pretty fun.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have. It won't fit in a case, so I have to take my Note out of it's case each time. I got Cardboard for free, so I only used it the day I got it in the mail. It was freaking awesome but I haven't pursued it at all. It made me a little dizzy, but it's pretty fun.

Same here.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
It is absolutely amazing. I have 2 different vr headsets. Google cardboard and a headset with a strap I got off amazon. Both work great. It isn't where it should be yet but the possibilities are endless. I use it almost everyday. And it definitely keeps my daughter busy at times.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 of the Starwars Google Cardboards and haven't even opened them. They are just sitting here.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What are you guys talking about ? What is cardboard ?

Cardboard is a virtual reality headset for smartphones that is made of... wait for it... cardboard. Or any other cheap material. It's basically a specification that defines parameters for a couple of lenses and a button placed inside whatever cheap (or premium) case material you want. Generally, units are under 25 bucks. Google's way of bringing "introductory-grade" VR affordably to the masses.

https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 of the Starwars Google Cardboards and haven't even opened them. They are just sitting here.

I kept trying to order one when Google was giving them out, but it was like trying to order a Nexus 4 (which I also missed out on - LOL).

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Given the design of Cardboard, you could probably also modify the Cardboard unit with some cutting and a little good duct tape and keep the case on, I assume. But if you don't use it a lot, then taking the phone out of the case should be OK. :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have mine in a Spigen case, which is not small. I was able to fit it (just barely!) into a Cardboard unit during a recent demo of the technology at my local library. Worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38