Note 4 Battery Won't Fully Charge

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Try this method, it worked for me. I couldn't get above 88% after an update, and again after a new battery.

*Drain battery until phone shuts
off on its own.
*Remove battery.
*Press and HOLD power button for at
LEAST 60 seconds.
*Reinsert battery.
*Charge.
*Power on, should be fixed.
Fixed it for me, it 'calibrates' the battery after an update of a new battery.

jhbalaji

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Try this method, it worked for me. I couldn't get above 88% after an update, and again after a new battery.

off on its own.
*Remove battery.
LEAST 60 seconds.
*Reinsert battery.
*Charge.

*Power on, should be fixed. - After charging 100% when phone is switched off?

EL4M

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY the same problem as you. Charged till 88% and got stuck. I've tried many ways and came up with 2 solutions.
First one is you have to take out your battery everytime you charged up to 88%. When u put it back and boot your phone it will show 100%.
The second way which I find way more convinient, is to dial *#0228# and press Quick Start. I dont know what this action actually does, but it messes with my battery reading percentage and sort of calibrate it so it will show the correct reading. I do this every other day. Works till now.
Hope it helps!

Posted via the Android Central App

It somewhat works (the*#0228#) my note 4 phone doesnt want to be charged more than 88 percent but lately my phone doesnt want to be charged above 54 percent YES FIFTY FOR PERCENT. But after that back to 88% witch is abseloutly better than 54%

(Sorry for my English im indonesian tell me if my englis is good or bad)

Sepinoodi Sepinood

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site

off on its own.
*Remove battery.
LEAST 60 seconds.
*Reinsert battery.
*Charge.

In my case, I let the battery drain until phone turns off. Then charged it to where it possible(89%) and I saw it won't go further. Then removed the battery. Turn it on an it fixed.

C-dubya

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
My phone would not charge past 54%. Figured I would burn all bridges...#0228#, cleared cache, allowed the battery to completely die, then pulled the battery and reseated it. I am not sure which of these things did the trick but my Note 4 is now charging fully.

Last edited:

C-dubya

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
My phone would not charge past 54%. Figured I would burn all bridges...#0228#, cleared cache, allowed the battery to completely die, then pulled the battery and reseated it. I am not sure which of these things did the trick but my Note 4 is now charging fully.

priskaj

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
hello,
for about 3 days I have a slightly different issue : I turn off the phone at night and put it on charge - before I switch it on, it shows 100% charge - when I switch it on, it immediately shows 92% charge

but if I then let it be on and connect it to the charger again, it goes to 100% and keeps the charge as it has always done... :)

still I worry things might get worse
I'll try to drain the battery, take it off and put it back on, as some of you have done....

Lucas Powell

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone ever find a sure fix for this?

Exactly the same issue, after updating to 6.0.1 my Note 4 battery only charges to 84%. Like others if I remove the battery and reinsert it then shows 100%. I have tried clearing cache, *#0228# code, several calibration apps and methods but nothing has worked. I have a new battery coming but have doubts after reading comments. I have not tried a full system restore as again, nothing points to this working. Only other possible solutions are installing Kies 3 and try reflashing the 6.0.1 firmware incase something is corupt, or rollback to an earlier firmware entirely manually

I am pretty upset, I've only had my Note 4 one year and love it dearly, now a Samsung update has reuined it with what appears no genuine fix anywhere around the Internet.

If you had the problem and found a genuine solution please (please) let me know, its been going on over a week now for me.

Lucas Powell

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Update:

After installing the brand new Samsung battery I'm now able to charge my Note 4. I have completed 3 charges so far able to reach 100% without any issue. I've also noticed my battery life is exceptionaly better. The old battery did show a slight bloating but not extreme enough for it to spin freely doing the table top test.

I guess in my case I was lucky a new battery has proven to work, so far so good.

Wish anyone else with this issue the best of luck.

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I have also the same problem, 6 hours charging and sometime 64, 58, and 57
Once I tried to remove the battery and put it back in and the percentage went from 57 to 81, and charged to 100. But the next day again only charged to 60 only.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Turning off the location worked for me lol

Battery charged to 100% from 74%

Stupid android

That just probably means that your battery is going out, and turning off location is probably lowering drain on the system enough to make the voltages more predictable and allows it to charge fully. For now. Eventually that workaround will fail and you'll have to do more weird things until the battery stops charging entirely.

A good replacement battery (Anker is my personal favorite) is like $20. If you start having battery issues, IMHO it's much, much easier to replace it and save yourself a lot of hassle.

bmochan

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Note 4 battery charging fix for me wa's to drain the battery until it switches off.take out battery and hold the power button for 60 seconds put battery back in and charge the phone up to 100% presto!!

Banana1234 99

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
My samsung wont fully charge above 80%. I tried to replace my battery out and insert it again repeatedly. And i tried to change my battery but it doesn't work. I tried to use my original and new charger but is still the same. I totally don't know what to do. Please guys help me to solve this battery

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The phones are old, even if new. Note 4 is almost 4 years old.
The batteries are meant to last a year or 2 at most. that's the natural life span of a Li-Ion battery. At 4 years old, Li-Ions are dead and need to be replaced.
It's not a device that works indefinitely. A battery can only take about 1500 charges (plus/minus) before it fails.

Kroom

Aug 4, 2018
Visit site
hi guys
i have the same issue after update marshmallow the phone going to random stop charging sometimes 92% and 88% , then i decided to back lollipop i thought maybe that help to fix the problem but nothing ,still stop charging to 88% then
i bought new battery because i thought all the issue cause of battery but the phone still stop charging on 88% .
After that by accident i install new kernel it was called emotion kernel while the phone on lollipop i was serprised the phone charge back to the original state
it was charge perfectly to 100%
i was tested charging for week its done all times it 100%

emotion kernel link xda fourm
https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/orig-development/tw-kernel-emotroid-team-t2990557

maybe should try any custom kernel

sorry for bad english

maryedel7

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
i just bought a note 4 off ebay...i wonder if i got the cheap knock off...my battery wouldnt charge past 89%...so i went to Battery in settings...and clicked on battery optimization and turned off the one thing that was on...then i hit refresh and it began to charge up to 100%...i charged while it was on...now it drains too fast..ugh