Issues After Sprint Marshmallow update

ericp74#CB

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with WiFi not connected automatically, Wifi Calling not working anymore and Bluetooth not connecting to certain devices. It won't connect to my car anymore without unpairing and repairing each time. Battery life got worse for me as well. I can't go 8 hours before dying.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issues here.

Phone is practically useless. Restarts 4-5 times a day...

This will be my last Samsung device... ...and after 12 years of frustration, my last Sprint phone period. Hello Verizon. :)

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I took my sd card out 2 nights ago and I haven't had a random reboot since then

I was getting a dozen random reboots every day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Roy Palmgren

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that the power saving mode causes iHeart radio and other streaming apps to buffer several times. It says that it now limits background data. Not happy with the Sprint update at all

Message sent across the universe from The N4 Galaxy.

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
My main issue is battery life. Was perfect before and now seems to drain more. I see the "Connections Optimizer" is gone. Any advice on saving battery would be great.

hillybillycrash

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Update: *** Just installed a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC and the random reboots started up immediately. I went the last 2 days with no sd card and it was bliss not having my phone reboot one time unexpectedly.

This never happened once before I was pushed the Android 6.0..1 update to my Note 4 through Sprint.

I want my Lollipop back now!!!!

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with WiFi not connected automatically, Wifi Calling not working anymore and Bluetooth not connecting to certain devices. It won't connect to my car anymore without unpairing and repairing each time. Battery life got worse for me as well. I can't go 8 hours before dying.

I been having issues too my Bluetooth will not connect to my car Bluetooth system after doing the update. On lollipop it worked perfect and would connect with no issues. This time on MM when scanning for my car it does not find it and it takes forever to find a device. Anyone else having this issue? As for Wifi no problems so far this update has been such a headache for me

smooth2222

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Just did my sprint update and everything is laggy, super annoying, i even deleted the cache partition too. This really sucks, Is it marshmellow or sprint? Guessing sprints added crap

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Update: *** Just installed a brand new Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb SDXC and the random reboots started up immediately. I went the last 2 days with no sd card and it was bliss not having my phone reboot one time unexpectedly.

This never happened once before I was pushed the Android 6.0..1 update to my Note 4 through Sprint.

I want my Lollipop back now!!!!

Odin the stock tar.

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Started having issues with MM update. Connected to WiFi with cellular on Apps like facebook won't load fully and takes a very long time. If I switch to Airplane mode with WiFi everything loads as should. If I shut WiFi off and just use cellular I have no problems. I am on Sprint and have a Note 4. I wiped the cache partition and was wanting to stay away from a hard reset. But will if need be. I guessing that is what I will be told to do. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue??

schrep007

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having the problem. My wife has a Note 5 and experiencing the same issues. I is mostly issues with the wifi. Called sprint and sprint said it was Samsung. Called Samsung and they said to reflash the phone at Best Buy and authorized dealer. I love it no one can except blame for screwing things up.

dgreen39

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am also having issues with wifi after update on note 4. Did factory reset and the wifi worked fine for a week and now it's back to timming out on wifi. Wifi works fine with airplane mode turned on.

ericp74#CB

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I am also having issues with wifi after update on note 4. Did factory reset and the wifi worked fine for a week and now it's back to timming out on wifi. Wifi works fine with airplane mode turned on.

I cleaned the cache partition and it didn't make a difference. My battery life is even worse now so I had Sprint test my phone and they said the battery was good. I get about 5 hours of normal usage and about 9 hours if I have power saving mode turned on. I've had the phone less than a year and used to get 16 hours of normal usage when I first got my phone and can go 2 days without charging. I'm think about doing a factory reset but it doesn't look that will solve any issues. It seems each update makes things worst and wished I stayed with KitKat from the beginning. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.

dgreen39

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Started having issues with MM update. Connected to WiFi with cellular on Apps like facebook won't load fully and takes a very long time. If I switch to Airplane mode with WiFi everything loads as should. If I shut WiFi off and just use cellular I have no problems. I am on Sprint and have a Note 4. I wiped the cache partition and was wanting to stay away from a hard reset. But will if need be. I guessing that is what I will be told to do. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue??

I found on my note 4 that if I turned off Bluetooth that my wifi would work just fine. Now I need a fix for the Bluetooth issue.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issues here.

Phone is practically useless. Restarts 4-5 times a day...

This will be my last Samsung device... ...and after 12 years of frustration, my last Sprint phone period. Hello Verizon. :)

Before you do that, factory reset the phone. Guaranteed it will fix all of your problems. As the last person said, ANY time you have a major update, FR. You'll thank me, I swear...

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
My main issue is battery life. Was perfect before and now seems to drain more. I see the "Connections Optimizer" is gone. Any advice on saving battery would be great.

Now called smart network switch our something like that.

Posted via the Android Central App on my marshmallowy Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty