Note 4 - stuck on recovery mode

Gebalmighty

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys!

I find your forum really helpful, so I thought this is a good place to get some help!

Ok, my N4 has had some trouble with the battery since I updated it to Marshmallow 6.0.1.
The battery not only drains itself very quickly, the phone suddenly stop working and shuts down if the power saving mode is not on.
The main cause of this problem used to be the camera app, apps like snapchat and viber, but also apps that use GPS signal, like google maps and citymapper.
Lately I changed my battery cause I thought this might be the real problem and I even did a factory reset, but nothing changed.

Yesterday Samsung released an update. But as the device was installing the new software, it shut down.
It rebooted immediately, but got stuck on the screen showing the Note 4 logo for 2 hours, and then it shut down after it had drained the battery.
From that moment, everytime I switch it on, it gets in recovery mode.

It seems like the phone is dead and I can't do anything since I cannot connect it to my PC.

Please any idea might help so let me know what you think!!
Thank you!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it was Samsung's update that bricked the phone, bring it to your carrier and ask if they could please flash the ROM for you. It's their problem, and it's a liability issue, not a warranty issue (they broke your phone, they're responsible for breaking it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress