If not the Note 5 then what?

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
All future Samsung phones(Note 6/7/8/9/10... and Galaxy S7/S8/S9/S10...) will NOT have SD card slots or removable batteries.

The party is over. :)

My grandparents had the same rotary phone in their house for 50 yrs. I think I can hold onto my note 4 for longer than two.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I think the real solution to the sd card and removable battery saga is too just include a much beefier 4000 battery with a cheaper price point for 128gb internal storage.

Anyway, sticking with my S6 for now, can't wait for the new nexii to be released.

dreaming of electric sheep

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I think the real solution to the sd card and removable battery saga is too just include a much beefier 4000 battery with a cheaper price point for 128gb internal storage.

Anyway, sticking with my S6 for now, can't wait for the new nexii to be released.

dreaming of electric sheep

You got it backwards.... the reason they took away the SD card slot is so that you HAVE to pay more if you want more storage. Most Note users will not buy the base 32GB model. So their only choice is to shell out another $100 for the 64gb model. Instant profit for Samsung.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: If not the Note 5then what?

Those are what I'm thinking too,, either Moto X ,or Nexus . I prefer the LG model of Nexus though :)

Same, Nexus 5 was my favorite phone ever on Android.

Looking forward to the final spec sheet and build quality.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I had a Note 3 then the Note 4 and was waiting for the Note 5, but after it was officially announced I decided to go with the G4 instead. So far so good. I don't think I'll go back to Samsung way too much media for no sd card. While the Note 4's screen was better it wasn't that big of a difference.

anon(25362)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I just read that the S6 Edge + just barely beat out the N5 in battery life and charges a bit quicker too. I owned Note 3 and now Note 4 before. I liked the Note series for the swappable battery which I used every day and the long life in general and performance not for the s-pen. Based on this news shouldn't I just get the S6 Edge +? I don't need the s pen and that seems to be the only real difference now that battery/sd card are non removable.

The Note is supposed to be a 'a productivity device targeted at business users.' but I don't even know what that means... The S6E+ has smaller footprint/lighter/thinner with same size screen better battery and same internals/cam. What am I missing? Its if you want an spen get a note and if not get the s6e+? Is that it? What's the real difference? Curved glass on the s6e+ and stylus in the n5?

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Surface tablets use N-Trig for the stylus sensors. They own the company. Samsung owns Wacom.

Samsung doesn't own Wacom. Last I read, they invested in 5% of the company in 2013. While it's a lot of money, they didn't buy much of the company and they still have a long way to before they have controlling interest or even significant influence...

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Samsung doesn't own Wacom. Last I read, they invested in 5% of the company in 2013. While it's a lot of money, they didn't buy much of the company and they still have a long way to before they have controlling interest or even significant influence...

There was a rumor back in July 2014 that Apple(yes, the maker of iPhones) was considering buying Wacom. Guess that never materialized. I guess if they did, they would have to make iPhone Note phones! :)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I played with the LG G4 next to my Note 4 side-by-side for a week. Could not stand how awful the G4's screen looked.

Will the LG G Pro have a decent screen?

Thanks! :)

I know this is a matter of personal preference, but how exactly is the screen of the G4 awful?

I put my G4 next to the S6 and S6e and I think both are roughly identical in terms of color reproduction and vibrancy. I personally prefer the G4's screen because I find the color temperature on the S6 to be a wee-bit too warm for me but I do like how the S6 reproduces black colors in a stunning way as it's an AMOLED screen, meaning that pixels are actually shut off to reproduce extremely deep blacks.

A shame that Samsung seems to no longer be interested in their OLED TVs, while LG has been making more of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa