02-12-2016 07:33 AM
556 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I am so glad I ordered from Verizon instead of Best Buy. I love that store, but there always seems to be an issue when new phones are released.
    08-20-2015 10:02 PM
    Yes I chatted with a rep first then did the Premier. I also choose to go with NEXT so I only paid $15 WED and will pay monthly going forward. I hope you see something new later tonite or tomorrow!!! I would have liked to done it in store but I didn't want to risk them not having a 64GB white phone in stock lol. Some of my cases are arriving tomorrow too! I hope they all arrive before my physical therapy appt at 2 pm LOL
    Yeah i will keep an eye on it. I didnt want to chance it either with me going into the carrier stores especially with me living in Metro Atlanta it doesn't take long at all. Hope to see some movement soon since I paid for next day shipping. Thanks
    08-20-2015 10:15 PM
    My BB called me a couple hours ago and asked if it would be cool to schedule an appointment time to get my phone. He said after the last fiasco they thought this might help them out a bit. Keeps people from getting upset having to wait a couple hours to get a phone. I'll be picking up my phone tomorrow at 8pm!
    Woot! They just called me at 8:30p. I work grave yard 10p-6a. Usually my phone is on complete silent while i sleep. Sooooo glad i didnt put it on silent tonight. woke up to "hi Denisse this is elizabeth from bestbuy...." i THINK i chose 11a but i was still fuzzy from sleep hahahah..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2015 10:17 PM
    Good ole ATL. I'm from NC but live outside of DC. SO yeah I feel ya on not taking any chances!!! I NEED that phone in my life lol. Good luck and God Bless!
    08-20-2015 10:18 PM
    Got my email from BB in the ATL...my VZW 64G Sapphire Black (yes, no white) is wrapped and ready to go! Hopefully, I can grab it during lunch. Otherwise, I'll have to wait till Sunday. Pray for no waiting.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-21-2015 12:14 AM
    I just want to clarify that the $200 off with a trade-in applies to the new 2 year contract re-up prices of $249/$349 (on Sprint). That was my understanding but for some reason it popped in my mind that maybe it's only off the full price of the phone.
    08-21-2015 01:48 AM
    I went to the verizon store to preorder mine the day the preorders started. I checked with them yesterday and they said they are being told they will ship today and be in the stores probably by Monday. I sure hope that's not true since it says it's supposed to be available in stores on the 21st.
    08-21-2015 05:12 AM
    I went to the verizon store to preorder mine the day the preorders started. I checked with them yesterday and they said they are being told they will ship today and be in the stores probably by Monday. I sure hope that's not true since it says it's supposed to be available in stores on the 21st.
    Yea that would be crappy! It should be there today.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 05:37 AM
    I hope so
    08-21-2015 05:45 AM
    Does anybody have experience with Best Buy ordering for store pickup on launch day? It changed from preorder on their website and there are a ton of stores around me with the model I want.

Edit: Never mind. You still have to wait for a "ready to be picked up" email, which will probably take forever.
    08-21-2015 05:47 AM
    T minus 45 minutes!!! LOL

Until best buy opens
    08-21-2015 08:12 AM
    UPDATE ON BEST BUY BACKORDER:

So, I finally spoke to customer service this morning. After explaining the situation and inquiring as to why my phone was on backorder, I was put on hold. After a couple of minutes, she came back on and told me it would be another minute. A couple of minutes after that, she came back on and said the same thing. Then I sat there for another 20 minutes, at which point I was disconnected. Awesome.

Attempt 2: Called back and got a different CSR. The first thing I did was relay my prior CSR experience to her. She apologized and said they were having some issues with disconnects and call volume this morning (doubt it). I explained my situation again and of course she put me on hold to go research. She wasn't long, thankfully. She said that Best Buy mistakenly didn't order enough phones, hence the backorders. She said they received a memo about it this morning. I asked if there was any way they could get a phone shipped out to me right now and she said no. She did say it might ship sooner than the 9/2-9/14 date range in the email, but she couldn't be sure. I then mentioned that I paid the extra $19.99 for expedited shipping, so I could receive it on 8/25. She said once it is in a "shipped" status, I can call back and they will refund me the $19.99. Then I mentioned that I haven't done a lot of business with Best Buy in the past and that this experience isn't exactly making me want to do business with them again in the future. She apologized and asked if there was anything they could do to make me happy. I said you tell me. She then offered to mail me a $50 gift card, which I graciously accepted. So, who knows exactly when I'll be getting my phone, but at least they did something to make me feel a little better about the situation.
    08-21-2015 08:47 AM
    Waiting at door for Best Buy to open, SO excited

Posted via Android Central App
    08-21-2015 08:50 AM
    Waiting at door for Best Buy to open, SO excited

Posted via Android Central App
    Is there people there like black friday?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 08:55 AM
    Is there people there like black friday?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I'm at a store in Charlotte, NC and there are only two of us here to pick a Note 5.
    Bowhunter likes this.
    08-21-2015 09:29 AM
    Well I cancelled the order because they wanted to activate it in store. Forget that. What I don't get is that they will ship it to you but you can't walk in and just leave with the phone. I don't want to sit around and wait for them.

Headed to Verizon store. They will let me walk out with it unactivated.

Sent from my Note 4.
    08-21-2015 10:02 AM
    Yep...got the pickup email from Bestbuy this morning for my 32GB White Note 5 (Sprint version). No phone calls though so I'm guessing it depends on the store.

Going to trade in my old Note 2 for the $200 giftcard and hoping to pick up the free charger as well.

Only downfall for the day is I'm stuck at work and not out till 3:30pm so it will be a looooooonnnnng day for me!

Hoping to update this thread later today with a "Sent from my beloved Note 5' disclaimer :-)!
    ladyc0524 and Delirious D like this.
    08-21-2015 10:36 AM
    Good luck I was told verizon would not have them today, and I haven't gotten a call to pick mine up so I'm guessing they still don't have them.
    08-21-2015 11:19 AM
    Well I cancelled the order because they wanted to activate it in store. Forget that. What I don't get is that they will ship it to you but you can't walk in and just leave with the phone. I don't want to sit around and wait for them.

Headed to Verizon store. They will let me walk out with it unactivated.

Sent from my Note 4.

I agree it takes them forever especially if they are busy. It takes me 5 min if that to activate it myself. That is why i usually get everything shipped to me or i end up trading someone that way i can just pop in my old SIM.
    08-21-2015 11:29 AM
    Ended up biting for an off-contract 64gig AT&T. Used the Best Buy 10% movers coupon and Amex rewards. Saved $200 upfront. It's ready for pickup. Going to pick it up in an hour or so. For some reason the free Qi charger is delayed a week (even though it showed as in-stock). Too bad it's the old slower Qi version, but free is free!

Will bring in an old phone and try another $200 off for trade-in, but I believe the T&C says that credit only applies to a NEXT plan. I prefer to pay upfront (you pay for it now or over time, I want it done instantly).
    08-21-2015 11:30 AM
    I'm at a store in Charlotte, NC and there are only two of us here to pick a Note 5.
    At best buy mobile in a mall. I'm the only one here 20 minutes early...

Oh, and nobody at T-Mobile either.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2015 11:40 AM
    Just picked up my note 5 from bestbuy
    At first they couldnt find my order. But got it squared away.
    Got my charger. Traded in an old blackberry q10 and actually got 223 and some change for it. Even got a canvas goodie bag with a samsung tshirt, a plastic samsung phone stand and some mints heheh...
    Used the giftcard and another i had to get the tablet. It was open box but not used. So got a discounted price plus i got 10% off for applying for bb card...
    Im officially sated..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 12:12 PM
    Used the Best Buy 10% movers coupon and Amex rewards. Saved $200 upfront.
    How did you apply the mover's coupon, online or in-store pre-order?
    08-21-2015 12:18 PM
    I'm still "patiently" waiting for my phone to be delivered. They usually come at 10 am BUT of course since I have a dr appt today at 2 pm they will probably come while I'm gone. I just hope they will leave it with my son! LOL
    ladyc0524 and Delirious D like this.
    08-21-2015 12:36 PM
    I agree it takes them forever especially if they are busy. It takes me 5 min if that to activate it myself. That is why i usually get everything shipped to me or i end up trading someone that way i can just pop in my old SIM.
    If they would have had the preorder shipping for delivery on the 21st I would have done that.

Good luck I was told verizon would not have them today, and I haven't gotten a call to pick mine up so I'm guessing they still don't have them.
    I went to the store and had my choice of size and color. was in and out in about 15 minutes. Paid about $50 more and I didn't get the Qi charger but i have plenty of them already anyhow.
    08-21-2015 01:06 PM
556 ... 1718192021 ...