Note 5 Battery life thread

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I charged mine fully Saturday night for its first full charge.
Sunday I used the GPS and MapmyRun for 90 minutes, but after that not heavy use with facebook, or emails,etc.
I typically turn my phone on at 5AM- and off at 9PM.
I got 48 hours of up time- Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, with a total of 4 hrs and 10 minutes SOT. When I shut down last night- it still had 20% left.
I have location Off, and no auto syncing.
Chris

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly do you use Google Now? I have a feeling that and Google Wallet are partial culprits, and both I'd rather not give up.

Also, with the Note 5 how do we view the wake locks like we did on the Note 4?

We can't view the wake locks like before, that detail on the battery is gone. The GSam Battery app tells you what things are using the most battery though.

I haven't turned on Google Now yet, but I do use it, but not much at all. I don't use it for commute, etc, so it isn't sending location all the time.

knox05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 6 plus (verizon) only lasts 12 hour so with moderate internet browsing use. I want to know how or what you did to last 2 days. I would like to get 2 days from single charge

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes but those that have 6 or 7 hours of sot. Play games listen to streaming music. I dont do any of that stuff. I might chat a bit and read news. Send a few emails and thats it.

There are many things that make a difference. My screen stays low, I have a great signal, I do not turn WiFi off but I have it set under advance to not stay on when my phone is asleep. If not, all kinds of apps send location.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on my note 5 is pretty disappointing. I disabled the bloat, I'm not turning sync off or google now. If I'm going to do that I'll get a flip phone.
I had no worries at all with the iPhone 6 plus. My last android the nexus 5 was also horrible. Thought lollipop had some new battery saving features.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on my note 5 is pretty disappointing. I disabled the bloat, I'm not turning sync off or google now. If I'm going to do that I'll get a flip phone.
I had no worries at all with the iPhone 6 plus. My last android the nexus 5 was also horrible. Thought lollipop had some new battery saving features.

It depends on what you are doing with your phone. If you are reporting your location every 5 minutes to Google, it is going to burn your battery no matter who makes the phone.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what you are doing with your phone. If you are reporting your location every 5 minutes to Google, it is going to burn your battery no matter who makes the phone.

I'm not reporting my location every 5 minutes, I have no idea if my phone is or not. If it is, maybe it shouldn't that much. Why would someone make it do it that much? Don't see the sense of messing around with all the settings and downloading all these apps to find the reasons why it's draining. Lol. It's silly. I used Google services on the iPhone 6 plus and had zero issues.
Samsung doesn't care for battery life. They wanted beauty and specs.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just want to have it last a day. I know plenty of iPhone users that are not happy with battery life.... so.

Unfortunately, when you make buy a phone that can be customized sometimes you have to mess with settings and such.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I just want to have it last a day. I know plenty of iPhone users that are not happy with battery life.... so.

Unfortunately, when you make buy a phone that can be customized sometimes you have to mess with settings and such.

I don't mind customizing to make my phone look cool and unique, but to figure out what is killing my battery and looking for wakelocks is not a good experience. I wanna use the features android is known for and have those features available all day without being tethered to a wall.

Agree iphone users complain about their battery life as well. But you won't find many that use the iPhone 6 plus. And I get it only has a 1080p screen to power. But at the end of the day, I could lay down in bed and still use the phone without even plugging it in yet.

Still love this phone and keeping it! It's a beautiful beast! Just ********.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I wish they had put a 4000 mAh battery in this beast.... it wouldn't hurt if it was a little thicker IMO.

I love everything else about it. I have a wireless charger at work and I just sit it there as a stand during the day anyhow (except these next few days as I "test" battery). I have battery packs, one small and very portable 2000 mAh and one large if needed in my tablet bag 20,000 mAh for vacation days. When I am home it lasts about 30 hours on charge but I have Wifi and great cell signal at home. Cell signal at work isnt that great, but that is the price you pay to have this view as the cell tower is on the other side of the building. LOL

Viewe.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not reporting my location every 5 minutes, I have no idea if my phone is or not. If it is, maybe it shouldn't that much. Why would someone make it do it that much? Don't see the sense of messing around with all the settings and downloading all these apps to find the reasons why it's draining. Lol. It's silly. I used Google services on the iPhone 6 plus and had zero issues.
Samsung doesn't care for battery life. They wanted beauty and specs.

Some apps will report location, you also have control over the Google locating services. I can use Google Now and not have a lot of location reporting because I don't have it tell me about everything and some people do that.

As I said with the wifi setting, there are apps that will report location to Google and I turn off that part of wifi and stop that from happening.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also you can text all day, look at a few things on the Web and the battery go forever, especially if you aren't syncing things. I sync, I do a lot on my phone, I have a lit of widgets that have "feeds" that load up and I still get a full day.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
This whole foolish debate or adjustments to achieve better battery life is silly (like trying to figure out a roof water leak...patch here and there, and it still leaks), just to reconfirm why Samsung should have made a 4000+ mAh battery or swappable from the get go.