Note 5 Battery life thread

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's today's stats. I unplugged at 7:15am.

My screen time is high I guess with almost 4 hours due to heavy email and text today and using apps like AC and others.

But I've seen some with SOT of 6 hours with a hell of a lot of battery over mine.

Frustrating because I thought I might have solved it but maybe not.

You mentioned Kelly that Shutapp hibernated apps but why would it pop up I name bubble telling me 3-5 apps are running and I have to hit it to shut them down.

Man it would be great to turn on a device for once fix a couple things and not worry any longer like I did with iPhone 6+. . I had to just tweak location stuff on that as well as minor notifications and I got 12-15 easy all day with heavy use.

Argh

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 238.jpg
    238.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 97

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You might have things you don't want to hibernate.

Maybe I'm missing something. Shutapp closes apps that are not whitelisted that run in the background correct? Doze is the app that actually hibernates stuff with screen closed.

So Shutapp just notifies u when apps are open and using battery in background and let's you manually shut them off not hibernates them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something. Shutapp closes apps that are not whitelisted that run in the background correct? Doze is the app that actually hibernates stuff with screen closed.

So Shutapp just notifies u when apps are open and using battery in background and let's you manually shut them off not hibernates them.

Nope, ShutApp will hibernate the apps, but I have some that still pop up, odd ones here and there. You won't get notifications of those apps on ShutApp unless they are on the whitelist.

Doze seems to hibernate to an extent when the screen goes dark.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here's today's stats. I unplugged at 7:15am.

My screen time is high I guess with almost 4 hours due to heavy email and text today and using apps like AC and others.

But I've seen some with SOT of 6 hours with a hell of a lot of battery over mine.

Frustrating because I thought I might have solved it but maybe not.

You mentioned Kelly that Shutapp hibernated apps but why would it pop up I name bubble telling me 3-5 apps are running and I have to hit it to shut them down.

Man it would be great to turn on a device for once fix a couple things and not worry any longer like I did with iPhone 6+. . I had to just tweak location stuff on that as well as minor notifications and I got 12-15 easy all day with heavy use.

Argh

I think your issue is your signal. Your android system is high up there. Almost always my screen is the highest thing, even though my screen is turned down low.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, about a quarter of the way. I'm in a chat with Samsung. Their solution is to charge the device to 95%, unplug it, use it for a while, and then it will show.
Yep, weird...

Hmm..if that doesn't work, I would want them to tell me why, since it has worked before. That might be enough for me to exchange a new phone, even through it isn't an obvious problem.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Here. I'm tempted to exchange the phone because I think I have a defective device

Attachments

• 1441234537424.jpg
    1441234537424.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 1441234545800.jpg
    1441234545800.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 43

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here. I'm tempted to exchange the phone because I think I have a defective device

Hmmm..your phone is staying awake a lot, but it is really impossible to tell what is doing that. I would also be tempted to return it with it staying awake like that. If you are going to return it anyway, doing a reset from recovery menu and just basically set up the phone, and don't download a bunch of apps, etc and see how it does.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I think your issue is your signal. Your android system is high up there. Almost always my screen is the highest thing, even though my screen is turned down low.

I think you're right. Looking at it my signal bounces between 3g and 1x and text messages take a lot longer. I'm going to check on a range extender or whatever that is. Checking to see if company will get me one.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you're right. Looking at it my signal bounces between 3g and 1x and text messages take a lot longer. I'm going to check on a range extender or whatever that is. Checking to see if company will get me one.

Not sure what carrier you are with. Per Kelly's suggestion, I called TMobile today, there are 2 options to address better bar signals, the Signal Booster or the WiFi Cell Spot Router. They will send me the latter free of charge.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, ShutApp will hibernate the apps, but I have some that still pop up, odd ones here and there. You won't get notifications of those apps on ShutApp unless they are on the whitelist.

Doze seems to hibernate to an extent when the screen goes dark.

So when I get this what's the point?

Also side note. How can I enlarge the photos that people attached in this app? I click on the photo and all options pop up to do everything but enlarge photos

Attachments

• 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 171