Note 5 Battery life thread

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
No probably just 20 minutes. I did a chat with Samsung and they had me try, Safe Mode. Battery is insanely good that way, so that means I have apps eating up battery that don't show in the usage at all. If I could do a full backup of the phone (I tried Helium, but won't work on windows 10 and Samsung drivers crashed my 7 box on all 3 install attempts). Then I would do a factory reset and add apps back. Since it hasn't I've removed a bunch of apps I only used from time to time and it has gotten better. Today I'm going to try the whole day with Safe Mode to see what it should do through the day. Then I have a target. I only have a few apps I didn't have on my Note 3, but I had the 6400mAh battery and would never worry about what was on it or charging it. I could just watch movies for 14 hours if I wanted, so going back to watching that my battery live and my memory isn't full is a huge step backwards. I'll post what apps I find using the battery that don't show if I figure it out. I read somewhere (probably on the this tread) that Nova eats battery, but it has never been on my usage list either. How can I have some apps making my battery life half not show in usage?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No probably just 20 minutes. I did a chat with Samsung and they had me try, Safe Mode. Battery is insanely good that way, so that means I have apps eating up battery that don't show in the usage at all. If I could do a full backup of the phone (I tried Helium, but won't work on windows 10 and Samsung drivers crashed my 7 box on all 3 install attempts). Then I would do a factory reset and add apps back. Since it hasn't I've removed a bunch of apps I only used from time to time and it has gotten better. Today I'm going to try the whole day with Safe Mode to see what it should do through the day. Then I have a target. I only have a few apps I didn't have on my Note 3, but I had the 6400mAh battery and would never worry about what was on it or charging it. I could just watch movies for 14 hours if I wanted, so going back to watching that my battery live and my memory isn't full is a huge step backwards. I'll post what apps I find using the battery that don't show if I figure it out. I read somewhere (probably on the this tread) that Nova eats battery, but it has never been on my usage list either. How can I have some apps making my battery life half not show in usage?

Now my issue was that no apps and it was fine, which is normal. Finally I did a reset and only added a few things like some apps from Google and a couple of apps that everyone uses on their phones and see if that still affects the battery. They did mine and that's how I knew it was an issue with my phone. Any phone will have great battery with no apps installed, unless there is some weird major problem with the phone.

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I did, Safe Mode, all day. The picture below is yesterday. I used the phone so little there is no display time.

Today I'm doing, Safe Mode, with power saver, no wifi/bluetooth, and advanced calling turned off. I just want to see what it would do if it was just an iPhone level phone.

Tonight I'll probably copy all my data, do a master reset and try it like day one without Safe Mode. If it all goes good there I'll start trying to make it my phone one app at a time. Sucks the system didn't just work and show me the one or ones doing it as it would be a lot easier. Also, it's going to suck backing up the data over USB 2.0, what the hell were they thinking? Should have Type C USB 3.0. My wireless charger should be back today also.

Well, it won't let me add image. Maybe it will work later?

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Good luck to you with your phone, it's a great thing your aware of and handy fixing this... Not everyone is.i had an HTC one exert minute the percent went down one..... That's when I went over top ios and the battery problem went.
However I still miss and prefer the whole os of Android and my note 2 had decent battery.
I'm going to test the note 5 before I decide to stay and grab a six a plus or not.
I'm aware that the galaxy is an enjoyable beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Good luck to you with your phone, it's a great thing your aware of and handy fixing this... Not everyone is.i had an HTC one exert minute the percent went down one..... That's when I went over top ios and the battery problem went.
However I still miss and prefer the whole os of Android and my note 2 had decent battery.
I'm going to test the note 5 before I decide to stay and grab a six a plus or not.
I'm aware that the galaxy is an enjoyable beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do go that route i suggest you google 6S plus has real bad issues it's over heating really bad , so far 3 of my friends had this issue and they exchanged for Note 5 they are very happy now, just giving you heads up bad choice if go with iPhone, Google it lot's are having bad issue with it.

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
So I've had 4 iPhones and decided that I wanted to give the Note 5 a try. On my iPhone 6 I would be at between 50-60% at 5PM. The battery life on my AT&T Note 5 has been terrible! I took it off the charger 1 hour 15 minutes ago and I'm already down to 73%. I've been on wifi but my 4G LTE cell signal is weak but my iPhone was never like this. My screen brightness is set on auto and I've turn off some of the syncing.

Can someone give me steps I need to take to optimize my battery?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I've had 4 iPhones and decided that I wanted to give the Note 5 a try. On my iPhone 6 I would be at between 50-60% at 5PM. The battery life on my AT&T Note 5 has been terrible! I took it off the charger 1 hour 15 minutes ago and I'm already down to 73%. I've been on wifi but my 4G LTE cell signal is weak but my iPhone was never like this. My screen brightness is set on auto and I've turn off some of the syncing.

Can someone give me steps I need to take to optimize my battery?
Look back some pages i posted for battery life tweak

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the same sort of issues and it looks like some apps were causing it. Still looking though.

Try Safe Mode to quick test. power off phone and then press and hold the down volume for the entire boot. My battery life more than doubled. I'm now using package disabler app to shut of all my installed app and a few bloat apps. I'll add them back slowly and watch what affect they have. I'm currently at 2 hours 37 minutes on battery with 97% battery left. I'd be to 80% before.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I disable Google Voice. I enabled again. Now when I hold the home button, it goes to Google App with the cards. What do I need to do to bring up Google Voice when I hold the home button?

I noticed the biggest app for battery drain is Android System, Kernel(Android OS) and Google Play Services. Is this normal?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I disable Google Voice. I enabled again. Now when I hold the home button, it goes to Google Now with the cards. What do I need to do to bring up Google Voice when I hold the home button?

I noticed the biggest app for battery drain is Android System, Kernel(Android OS) and Google Play Services. Is this normal?
Depends a screen shot would tell us if it is or not.

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Generally the phone seems to be settling down a bit. Battery behaves erratically though, sometimes the drainage is fast (around 10-12% per hour), and other times, with similar usage, it's around 4-5% per hour and I am clueless about this battery behaviour.

Unfortunately I had heard great things about Note 5's battery performance, but this has been disappointing. The only compensation is fast charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody here give me there battery time estimates? Like with no wifi/mobile data/location etc and how then with all these things ON.

Similarly it will be great if you can share the battery drainage rate of change on hourly basis.

Posted via the Android Central App

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Monday, safe mode no screen on
b4618fb6561803b670b974a995fd6310.jpg

Tuesday, safe mode and most things off or low, plus power save. Did use it more though.
76487f6fe0b537c701191c4c13b6303a.jpg

957bc3c53b36af29eae5dd5ba8398076.jpg

Today, no safe mode with so stock andall 3rd party but alarm off. Wifi on the last 4 hours to 2.4Ghz. Even more use today.
a33188c67b4d041edca86707a78aed8d.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll add some more back but battery life is an issue now. Just functions I've used for years lost right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ejlover

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
My Note5 uses 35-40% of charge at sleep !!!!

Greetings,

I've switched from S5 to Note5 last week and I'm having a terrible battery depletion issue. I'm charging my phone to 100% by using its OEM adaptive fast wall charger and unplugging it and closing all background apps and cleaning RAM with smart manager just before sleep. After waking up after 7-9 hours later I'm finding that 60-65% left in the battery everyday. I'm sending you the screenshots. I didn't see any apps running in the background. No significant WiFi downloads, no cell operator caused signal issues or significant mobile data usage in the background. And screen is off during these hours but I'm loosing nearly half of my charge by sleeping beside my phone..
After searching on Internet I've applied suggestions such as:
- NFC, Bluetooth, adaptive screen color, etc. all disabled (WiFi, MobileData, Location, mail sync are the only active ones).
- Screen Brightness is around 25% and set to auto.
- Disabling all sensor related functions such as smart stay, background animations, etc.
- Being sure that google location history is turned off. (I'm constantly using swarm app to make check-ins while I'm awake so I will not disable the GPS - it was always on at my S5 and I never had such a problem).
- Disabling android device manager user (under advanced security options).
- Disabling all Sync options except emails (2 mail accounts in mail app that are being checked every hour and Gmail).
- Restricted nearly all possible apps from using background data (except whatsapp, facebook, messenger, swarm, periscope, youtube just to keep receiving notifications-but even they aren't active during night).
- Adjusted all apps to auto close in smart manager.
- Only using OEM weather app and nearly no apps yet installed on the phone.

I'm about to loose my mind because of this battery issue. If I'm supposed to disable all the functions of the phone all the time and every time if I'm going to need them I'm supposed to spent lots of time at the settings to activate them and then disable them again; what's the point in using this phone? If I can not solve this problem I'll get the phone back to dealer for a refund.

I'm madly need your advises. Your help and support will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Note5 uses 35-40% of charge at sleep !!!!

Greetings,

I've switched from S5 to Note5 last week and I'm having a terrible battery depletion issue. I'm charging my phone to 100% by using its OEM adaptive fast wall charger and unplugging it and closing all background apps and cleaning RAM with smart manager just before sleep. After waking up after 7-9 hours later I'm finding that 60-65% left in the battery everyday. I'm sending you the screenshots. I didn't see any apps running in the background. No significant WiFi downloads, no cell operator caused signal issues or significant mobile data usage in the background. And screen is off during these hours but I'm loosing nearly half of my charge by sleeping beside my phone..
After searching on Internet I've applied suggestions such as:
- Screen Brightness is around 25% and set to auto.
- Disabling all sensor related functions such as smart stay, background animations, etc.
- Being sure that google location history is turned off. (I'm constantly using swarm app to make check-ins while I'm awake so I will not disable the GPS - it was always on at my S5 and I never had such a problem).
- Disabling android device manager user (under advanced security options).
- Disabling all Sync options except emails (2 mail accounts in mail app that are being checked every hour and Gmail).
- Restricted nearly all possible apps from using background data (except whatsapp, facebook, messenger, swarm, periscope, youtube just to keep receiving notifications-but even they aren't active during night).
- Adjusted all apps to auto close in smart manager.
- Only using OEM weather app and nearly no apps yet installed on the phone.

I'm about to loose my mind because of this battery issue. If I'm supposed to disable all the functions of the phone all the time and every time if I'm going to need them I'm supposed to spent lots of time at the settings to activate them and then disable them again; what's the point in using this phone? If I can not solve this problem I'll get the phone back to dealer for a refund.

I'm madly need your advises. Your help and support will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

View attachment 201473

View attachment 201474

View attachment 201475

View attachment 201476
Wow thats awful sorry to hear that , weird if i do go to sleep and let's say my battery was at 100 after 8 hrs waking up it's usually at 98 or 97

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez