Note 5 Battery life thread

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
You do know that there're online retailers that can do this with the Note 5 and if you can't wait for it there're other Android phones out there that have a removable battery such as the LG G4 or V10 and plenty of others why jump to iPhone over this. No I'm not a fanboy just curious and also as a note this is Android Central ad should have nothing to do with iOS or iPhone yes it may be a battery thread but it's still Android Central meaning only Android related material.

I've checked out the repair shops here in Denver and until they can obtain a Samsung Factory battery, they will not use after market batteries. It might be a few months before they can get the authentic batteries.

Won't be sending my phone away to any online repair shops!

Might have Samsung send me a warranty replacement phone with a new battery installed. That's about all I will do for now replacing the battery.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've done literally everything possible. FDR multiple times , cleared cache, uninstalled apps, disabled apps, turned off google location services, EVERYTHING. Yet android system continues to drain my battery. Beginning to hate this phone and I'm stuck with it for another year and a half...

Android System is going to use battery as it represents OS/TouchWiz level apps and processes. Android System on my Note 5 is typically in the 20-24% range. Kernel is typically (Android OS) represent core OS processes, and is typically 10-12%.

So, I wouldn't worry about Android System and Kernel using battery as they are essential "components" required to run the OS and phone features.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but total stay awake used to be 10 minutes in a 16 hr usage time frame. Now it's 45-80 minutes and screen on time is only 2 hrs compared to the original 5.5 hrs.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like an app is running that is in turn keeping the OS awake. Maybe a wake detector app will help pinpoint which app is causing the increased awake times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty