Samsung Pay US Beta Trial (Aug 25)?

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Is this going to be an issue?

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/27/05d9cdb48e2d004b5765c0f901034a64.jpg

Bank of America issued us new cards with the chips on the front (still has strip on back), and so did Cabela's. At Walmart yesterday, it wouldn't let me swipe my card...said I had to insert it.

So if we can no longer swipe a chipped card at places that have the chip reader, will we be able to "swipe" those cards with Samsung Pay?

So this will be practically useless to most people including me who use these types of terminals every day...

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I was not aware any walmart had a system that let you slide the card into it. Never seen them. And I know about the chips, as of right now, the chips on my cards are basically worthless.

That may pose a problem if it doesn't let you swipe the card then, yes.
Most of the new readers are not active yet. Not sure what the timetable on them being active, or what the hold up is.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't think Samsung would roll out this software if it was going to be obsolete in a month or two. Samsung Pay will probably provide a security certificate unto the device that will allow for chipped cards to be used as normal.

Ram Krish 6

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
You can sign up for Samsung Pay BETA version from the BETA sign up link if your request is accepted then you will receive the detailed instruction your email ID which is registered with Samsung account.

You can get the link for beta sign up from Samsung website.

Hope that helps...! :) O:)

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Just got my beta email. Signed up and entered my bofa card without any issues. Now I just need to find somewhere to use it

Sent from my Note 5

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Actually I just opened the app itself this morning. Showed an update. So I did it and it let me set it up. Got my email several hours later.

Sent from my Note 5

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Got email for Samsung pay went to register a card but says it failed. Tried like 3 different cards.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pay help

I have an att n5 and got approved for the beta. Instructions say click on the pay app and it'll prompt to install. I see nothing! Tried rebooting, checking for update with no luck. Any ideas?

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Samsung would roll out this software if it was going to be obsolete in a month or two. Samsung Pay will probably provide a security certificate unto the device that will allow for chipped cards to be used as normal.
I really hope that's the case.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed while playing with Samsung Pay that if you have NFC turned off, once you fire up Pay that it will turn on NFC by itself, then turn NFC off when its done. That's great if you don't want NFC turned on all the time

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I got approved and tried my Citi card and it failed to register for obvious reasons as it is not supported in the beta :)

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
added my BofaA debit card and made a purchase at lunchtime. worked smoothly without a hitch. held the phone up to the terminal and it picked up right away asking me to confirm the price as if i swiped a card.

side note, i disabled everything knox related but not rooted since i'm on AT&T.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got my email a little while ago. Will be setting up my card and will try it out later at dinner. It's Friday so even though I'm in the office, no work getting done today

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got my email this morning. It got buried in the promotions folder. Anyone having any issues with MasterCard's? My BoA card worked like a charm, but not the 2nd card.