How do I disable the video event that gets auto created from the gallery

SmartAlx

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Its a GOOGLE PHOTOS issue Not android issue .
Go to Google Photos>Settings>Assistant Cards>UNCHECK

Also, UNCHECK>REDISCOVER THIS DAY

Nope. I disabled that long long ago and I still get these stupid things.

And it's not just an annoyance peoples. It's taking up space from our already limited storage space.

Hopefully the Package Disabler Pro solution will work.

DirtGuyCT

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Don't think I've seen this suggestion. Of course, I found it after I got that disable pro. There's 2 bucks gone. Damn it.
In gallery, upper left, click drop down (Time, Albums ,Events, Categories). Click Events. Upper right click More. Event settings. There you go. Turn off auto create events and image suggestions.
Not sure if it'll work, like I said I bought that disable pro. Clicked them.off anyways.

Again, apologies if this was suggested.

tbarks982

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if a solution was posted but this is how to disable it.
Go to Gallery.
In the top left-hand Corner hit the drop-down Arrow then select events.
Then the top right-hand menu select more, events, event settings, turn off the auto create eventsome toggle switch.
BAM!

jojas

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Just in case the developers are reading this, I actually love this feature! The music and pictures my phone picks to put together are amazing!

John277

May 14, 2016
Visit site
You cannot disable this feature it is built into the phone and will create these events automatically. The good news is you can delete them as soon as it creates them. Press and hold the newly-created event then delete.Screenshot_20160514-112956.jpg

Last edited:

edeline

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
For S6 edge, I went to Gallery, select Events from the left top drop-down list, then go to More on the right top corner, select Event settings. In there, untag the "Auto create events" function.

keithk_nyc

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
on my samsung j7, this is how you do it:
on the upper left dropdown, where you can select time/albums/categories, select events. now click "more" to get event settings. now there is an option for auto-create events. turn it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87