Samsung wireless charger problems (color)

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Thought it might be interesting to see if there was a color pattern for the wireless chargers people received that are not fully charging. I had in store credit with my 2 note 5 purchases and 1 chose 1 white charger and 1 black charger. The white one works flawlessly for my wife. When she wakes up in the morning she is always at 100%. I had the black one and about every 6 minutes mine would stop charging and the battery would drain. Found out the hard way the 1st night use. Have tried both phones on white charger vs black one with positive results for the white and negative on the black. Video taped it to show sprint so they would understand the problem and didn't just put it back on the shelf.
So is the problem with black chargers only or did you get a bad white one?
I exchanged my faulty black one for the last white one in house. Hoping for the best tonight.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thought it might be interesting to see if there was a color pattern for the wireless chargers people received that are not fully charging. I had in store credit with my 2 note 5 purchases and 1 chose 1 white charger and 1 black charger. The white one works flawlessly for my wife. When she wakes up in the morning she is always at 100%. I had the black one and about every 6 minutes mine would stop charging and the battery would drain. Found out the hard way the 1st night use. Have tried both phones on white charger vs black one with positive results for the white and negative on the black. Video taped it to show sprint so they would understand the problem and didn't just put it back on the shelf.
So is the problem with black chargers only or did you get a bad white one?
I exchanged my faulty black one for the last white one in house. Hoping for the best tonight.

I assume that most are black since they are the free ones. Mine is black and it sucks. every 5 minutes it stops charging.
I ordered a new one today from Amazon. Hoping its flawless

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I didn't realize only the black ones were being offered in BB free giveaway.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I've noticed my black one (free from BB) is having issues. I do have another one that I got from Amazon when I had my S6 Active. Going to use that tonight and see if it makes a difference tomorrow.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I bought the black one and had issues with it right away. I made sure I used a 2A charger and didn't use a long micro usb cable and that helped.

I read somewhere to enable the daydreaming while charging and I have not had any problems since. Charges flawlessly.

Posted via the Android Central App

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have went thru 3 of the Best Buy freebies, and all 3 charge my Note for 2 to 3 minutes then begin to blink blue and charging stops.

I called Samsung today and they sent me prepaid UPS tags to return theae and are sending new ones out. We'll see if they are any better.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I bought the black one and had issues with it right away. I made sure I used a 2A charger and didn't use a long micro usb cable and that helped.

I read somewhere to enable the daydreaming while charging and I have not had any problems since. Charges flawlessly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Going to give this a shot. Thanks

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have free BB black one and have had no problems at all. Put it on charger last night at 20%, woke up with full charge.

Sent from my awesome Note 5

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with the black one I received from BB, charges for a few minutes then flashes blue. Going to return it tomorrow.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Uodate: Put phone on new charger at 9:15 last night with battery on 55%. Woke up at 2:15 light green on charger battery at 100%.

ggee6688

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I put the thick packaging from my screen protector on top of the charger, it went to green. Definitely not something that should happen for such an expensive charger. If I had to pay for it of course. It works with my and my wife's LG G4 with no issues.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I put the thick packaging from my screen protector on top of the charger, it went to green. Definitely not something that should happen for such an expensive charger. If I had to pay for it of course. It works with my and my wife's LG G4 with no issues.
Yeah people shouldn't have to do things like this to get them to work.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty certain the issue is actually the way wireless charging is handled that you are seeing drain overnight, so if you put phone down at 9:00 and it takes three hours to charge it will run its full cycle by 12:00, the wireless charge sync then shuts it's self off when light goes green, now your phone is sitting in standby mode from 12:00am till when ever you get up and take it off the platter.

So assuming you are losing roughly 2% per hour and it sits idle not charging for 6-8 hours you would potentially pick up your phone in the morning and be at 88% battery roughly.

I think the issue is that once the wireless cycle ends it requires the phone to be reseated to start wireless charging again, the phone will not sense it's low and try and keep it topped off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty certain the issue is actually the way wireless charging is handled that you are seeing drain overnight, so if you put phone down at 9:00 and it takes three hours to charge it will run its full cycle by 12:00, the wireless charge sync then shuts it's self off when light goes green, now your phone is sitting in standby mode from 12:00am till when ever you get up and take it off the platter.

So assuming you are losing roughly 2% per hour and it sits idle not charging for 6-8 hours you would potentially pick up your phone in the morning and be at 88% battery roughly.

I think the issue is that once the wireless cycle ends it requires the phone to be reseated to start wireless charging again, the phone will not sense it's low and try and keep it topped off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I woke up with 100% charge. It didn't start draining after being full and my wife's charger is the same way.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I purchased the Note 5 and my wife purchased the S6 Edge+ and both wireless chargers (black) that we received will stop charging after roughly 5 to 10 minutes.

I thought at first it stopped charging when I received a new notification (a buddy of mine posted something to my Facebook wall and right as I got the notification it stopped charging), but then I monitored it for a little bit and found that this was not the case.

I also have a TYLT wireless charger that I use at work and it charges flawlessly. I am going to try the Daydream settings tonight to see if that helps and if not I am going to see if Best Buy will let us swap them for TYLTs as they are basically the same price.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is a issue IMO. A $50 charger should out perform a $5 wired charger. I'm shocked this product hasn't been recalled. I'm going to try to exchange and see if I get a unit that works. Thus far, this is my biggest issue with the note 5 purchase even though it's not directly note 5 related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87