Have you thought of returning your Note 5?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your battery woes. To be honest my battery is an afterthought because it's so good. I was initially concerned (reduced capacity from N4) but it holds up better than my note 4 which is impressive in and of itself.

Also, I do delete and disable any bloat. From there, I use my device as prescribed. I don't do things to hinder performance in the name of trying to improve batt life. Still the note 5 has been a pleasant surprise.

Me too. I disabled some of the things that package disabler had said we could, but not all.

Facebook and Twitter with Instagram along with the Ant stuff and most all of AT&T's bloat.

Battery life is almost as good as what I was getting with my s6 Active fully debloated. I should try going full on with it to see.

I was really thinking hard about getting something else and taking the Note 5 back, but just can't see anything as good as what this phone is for my needs.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Personally I use two phones as one will never make it through a day either way. The note 5 is amazing so far, just hating not having the removable battery like my g4.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I came over from an iPhone 6+ and I'm in love with the Note 5. I'd abandoned Android after the Galaxy S3. Decided to try it again and I love it. I even kept TouchWiz on it! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The phone charges in about an hr. Not sure why battery is an issue.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well does it charge on it's own when you aren't near an outlet? If so, you're right. Otherwise the issue could be that you have no access to a charger or outlet. Remember all of Samsung's commercials mocking wall hugger iPhone users at the airport? Are we that quick to forget?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well does it charge on it's own when you aren't near an outlet? If so, you're right. Otherwise the issue could be that you have no access to a charger or outlet. Remember all of Samsung's commercials mocking wall hugger iPhone users at the airport? Are we that quick to forget?

Nope it doesn't, but it does fast charge with an external battery or while in the car.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Currently, iPhone 6+ and before that Note 4 Dev Edition.

So you're hanging on to the 6+ for now? Was it just battery that really made you switch back? I'm on the fence of going iPhone or Note 5. Currently using a Nexus 6 and I can't stand the physical size of this phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I honestly can't answer that question since it's not a known fact. Besides, technology changes so rapidly, so who knows in a year or so. Like I said before, until battery life technology improves dramatically, I would be holding onto my Note 4. Also, Samsung could have made a plastic back Note 5 variant, maybe they will for the Note 6.

The whole debate is moot had Samsung made a 4000+ mAh battery. If they do away with plastic backs forever, then they should increase the battery size. For the Note 5, they did the opposite. ??????

I'm just curious. You knew all of this before you bought the phone ( I'm assuming). Why didn't you just stick with the Note 4 to begin with (like many other Note 4 users) ?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm just curious. You knew all of this before you bought the phone ( I'm assuming). Why didn't you just stick with the Note 4 to begin with (like many other Note 4 users) ?
Like I said in another thread, I tend to buy the latest and greatest, part of it is a hobby. More importantly though, as much as I monitor the blogs leading up to the Note 5 launch, nothing is better than to have concrete daily experience as an end user. When I was comparing my Note 4 and Note 5 these past 2 weeks, I believe it was a fair comparison, same apps, same disabled bloatware, same carrier, same tweaks, same all around usage, etc. The Note 5 certainly has a longer lasting better by an hour, but it still couldn't satisfy my usage. Since no phone could satisfy my usage, the Note 4 is the closest with its removable battery.

Others are fine with the Note 5 battery, so I think it comes down to personal preference and usage.

Last edited:

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So you're hanging on to the 6+ for now? Was it just battery that really made you switch back? I'm on the fence of going iPhone or Note 5. Currently using a Nexus 6 and I can't stand the physical size of this phone.

Yeah im going to hang on to the 6+ for now until the 6s+ comes out. Battery was my ultimate decision to return the Note 5. I couldnt stand the fact the phone was literally sitting doing nothing and dropping battery like a bad habit. Again, it's an awesome feature phone, no lag, best camera hands down, but at this point in my life I don't have time to meddle with phones like I used to and would prefer for the battery not move if i'm not using it.

I had the Nexus 6 as well with a Moto watch, but the phone was too big for my tastes. And i'm over 6 feet lol.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah im going to hang on to the 6+ for now until the 6s+ comes out. Battery was my ultimate decision to return the Note 5. I couldnt stand the fact the phone was literally sitting doing nothing and dropping battery like a bad habit. Again, it's an awesome feature phone, no lag, best camera hands down, but at this point in my life I don't have time to meddle with phones like I used to and would prefer for the battery not move if i'm not using it.

I had the Nexus 6 as well with a Moto watch, but the phone was too big for my tastes. And i'm over 6 feet lol.

I think I'm going to get a Note 5 and use it for now until I see the 6S+, then return it if the new iPhone just makes me drool. But I honestly don't see that happening. I just want my phone to be able to do a little bit more than what iOS can do. Even iOS 9 is just a small bump that doesn't give me anything really new and useful for my tastes. I definitely understand not wanting to have to meddle with something. My life with kids and work has taken over to an extent, but I still want to have something that I feel like has a few more bells and whistles.

And yeah, this Nexus 6 is just ridiculous. I'm 5'10" on a good day, and there is no way this phone is in the least bit usable for me. And man this camera is slow. I can't ever get a good shot of my almost 3 year old daughter unless she's sleeping!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My battery has gotten better, I am keeping this phone, and my note 4 will probably get sold :)

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
originally i did however the battery seems to be getting better so at this time i am keeping it great phone or phablet.

Yeah I'm experiencing the same thing battery is getting better, and now the fast charger that came with it works also

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope it doesn't, but it does fast charge with an external battery or while in the car.

That's great, except that wasn't my question. I have a Note 4 so i'm very familiar with fast charging. And it is a GREAT feature. But there's times that it doesn't cut it for me. Fast charging only benefits me when I am near an outlet and have my fast charger with me.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Returning mines tomorrow, I quickly realized I prefer software/on screen buttons than the physical home button and capacitive buttons. I guess I just prefer the Nexus phones, software seems more important to me than hardware.

The Note 5 hardware is nice, but the bezels are really too small IMO, I keep changing the wallpaper by just holding the phone as it registers my fingers when just holding the phone. I also launch the multi window function when I try to hold phone because my hand rest on the capacitive button area.

I tried it, and will just cut my lost now with the $50 restocking fee. Will use a Sony Z3 that I already have as I traded in my Nexus 6. :( Now I play the waiting game for the next Nexus.

- via my Note 5, previously Nexus 6
First time I've heard a complaint about the small bezels. I'm in love with them. I even wish the top and bottom were even smaller!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Like I said in another thread, I tend to buy the latest and greatest, part of it is a hobby. More importantly though, as much as I monitor the blogs leading up to the Note 5 launch, nothing is better than to have concrete daily experience as an end user. When I was comparing my Note 4 and Note 5 these past 2 weeks, I believe it was a fair comparison, same apps, same disabled bloatware, same carrier, same tweaks, same all around usage, etc. The Note 5 certainly has a longer lasting better by an hour, but it still couldn't satisfy my usage. Since no phone couldn't satisfy my usage, the Note 4 is the closest with its removable battery.

Others are fine with the Note 5 battery, so I think it comes down to personal perference and usage.

Fair enough.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Not for a second, this is hands down the best Android phone (not just Samsung) I have ever owned / used and I have had all of the flagships. I assume if your battery is not great you are either on T-Mobile or have not done the proper tweaks to,get the best of it.

This phones battery for me on AT&T has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

did u get great battery life out of the box, or only after the proper tweaks?

amazing how well optimized the Note line continues to be. you would think the S6 would be similar, and the difference in display/battery/power consumption between the two would cancel each other out, but that's clearly not the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress