Samsung note 5 problem, screen freezes

Ingemar Kenyatta

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
64 gigabyte note 5 AT&T freezes all the time hardware buttons will work and capacitive buttons work but anything else on the screen is unresponsive for some time 5 minutes.

It surprises me to not have heard any kind of update fix it. It obviously is a widespread problem with these phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
64 gigabyte note 5 AT&T freezes all the time hardware buttons will work and capacitive buttons work but anything else on the screen is unresponsive for some time 5 minutes.

It surprises me to not have heard any kind of update fix it. It obviously is a widespread problem with these phones.

Did you try the Samsung Pay fix? Working so far for me.

Aaron2015

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
For the phone don't have Samsung pay, how to explain that? The most irritating thing is no any feedback from Samsung, I guess this is only happens on mode 901i

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I would not say it was widespread at all. So I've seen a handful of people post about this specific issue.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
It is indeed quite widespread and most major tech sites have reported on the problem and suggested various fixes.

So far(fingers crossed) disabling Samsung Pay has worked for me. Which brings up another point, Samsung Pay is utterly worthless to the 10s of millions of folks with Chase, Wells Fargo and Capital One. Why launch a product that so few can use?

Iamroy90

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue as well and frankly it's extremely annoying ...also I noticed painfully bad "messages" lagging

drewood31601

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having freezing problems as well on Friday so I disabled the samsung pay app and so far, no problem. If it happens again without the pay app, then I'll reinstall it.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I said earlier that factory reset sorted this thing out, IT DIDNT. It still happens. I have a asian version which does not have samsung pay so I doubt the reason is samsung pay.
What pissed me off the most. I went for a job the other day, I had fitbit app + runtatstic +music player running, phone becomes NON USABLE. I would wait a minute or 2 for screen just to come on. It's like its running out of ram, but it doesn't upon check it still has 1 GB free.
On normal days, it would just freeze on unlock for god knows how long.
This issue seems to be plaguing 64GB models only. There is a thread on XDA but no solution for about 20 people already, some flashed Russian Rom and claim issue is gone, but that will most likely void warranty.
Samsung needs to come out on this it's pathetic for a 800 dollars phone.

P.S If you guys do factory reset do you restore from backup or start fresh? I'm always afraid if there is some app/setting issue it will restore to fresh one with restore.

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've just uninstalled Samsung Pay's updates and the problem went away. Not a huge loss for me because they don't support my bank.

Just try uninstalling Samsung Pay updates.

Abdulla78

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 has a quick launch for the camera by pressing the home button twice try to toggle that off it stopped the freezing for me so far

elvis0720

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
my note 5 screen freeze not only for 2 ~ 10 sec, it freeze for few hours or days. I tried to wipes cache but it's not working for me. Now still freezing, anyone suggest me what to do now pls ?

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
my note 5 screen freeze not only for 2 ~ 10 sec, it freeze for few hours or days. I tried to wipes cache but it's not working for me. Now still freezing, anyone suggest me what to do now pls ?

If it freezes after waking the screen but the real buttons still work then try uninstalling Samsung Pay updates. That worked for me.

Aaron2015

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
my phone auto fixed by itself, lol. after i so pissed off and decide to live with it, then it just so magically fixed by itself. the only thing i did is upgrade the latest upgrade released by samsung. and then my cabel spoil, also so magically spoil at the same time with my friend, we bought the phone together, it stopped fast charging, how long we`ve been using it only? the quality seems not so good. anyway, after i changed the cabel, fast charging works again, so, thank goddess, everything works as normal now, i hope it stays this way. LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch