Samsung note 5 problem, screen freezes

Ironzey

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Having the same problem. Cache wipe did nothing. Did a 🏭 reset and phone was fine for a couple days then started freezing again. I switched from Nova to google now launcher and waiting to see if problem reappears. Just a hunch.

Can you get it working again by turning the screen off for a couple of minutes? How about the spen? Using the spen always works for me. Sometimes I have to try a few times before the screen off method works.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you get it working again by turning the screen off for a couple of minutes? How about the spen? Using the spen always works for me. Sometimes I have to try a few times before the screen off method works.

With Nova, the screen would freeze and remain that way indefinitely until I rebooted. S-Pen worked fine. Since switching to Google Now, it still freezes but less often AND simply toggling the power button fixes the problem(no reboot needed) until the next time.

Then there's the dreaded Google voice freeze, which requires reboot when it rears its ugly head.

Can't wait for my N6P to get here so I can sell this sucker.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
might have to switch to the IPHONE 6S or NEXUS 6P if this continues.
it started with the latest update which introduced Samsung Pay now phone gets stuck on a
regular basis. Great job SAMSUNG!!!!! You released the next worst thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
it started with the latest update which introduced Samsung Pay now phone gets stuck on a
regular basis. Great job SAMSUNG!!!!! You released the next worst thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started with that update for me too.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Exchange it. Obviously, you have an issue that most people do not. Why hesitate and out yourself through this anger?
I had a similar issue with my Note 3. I don't know how I found the solution but it involved opening the back battery cover and tapping just to the left of the battery itself.
Bottom line is I think it had something to do with the S Pen sensor or possibly one of those magnetic case covers. I think the phone thought I had one of those cases with the preview window at the top part of the screen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok weird but i registeres a card to my samsung pay and so far havent had a freezing issue. Is that what could have made the note 5s freeze? Still love the phone but this past week and a half was the worst experience on a phone. Constantly booting the phone when it froze 5 times and freezing and lagging made this worst then any samsung note or phone I've had. So far I hope it was just a glitch that needed to have a card added to samsung pay.

Aaron2015

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So use swiftkey can solve the problem? I just tried factory reset (my last hope), yet the result is so heart breaking.....waste my time. This problem is getting more and more frequent. Sigh, what a pain.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So use swiftkey can solve the problem? I just tried factory reset (my last hope), yet the result is so heart breaking.....waste my time. This problem is getting more and more frequent. Sigh, what a pain.

No using SwiftKey won't solve the problem.

All of you should have already exchanged your phones or taken them to Samsung.

Aaron2015

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I changed the phone already, from black to gold, same ****, and I already signed the form they ask me to sign when I collect the new phone, it says that will be the final solution for my complain......LoL. I never expect this can be a general problem for a Samsung product, I thought I was just "lucky" enough received a faulty phone upon purchasing. An exchange shall resolve the problem already. Who knows the result is like this and Samsung just keep silent pretend the problem never exist and keep ask people to factory reset the phone despite so many people say already tried it. And I'm an other live evidence to prove that the factory reset won't work. 😢

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I changed the phone already, from black to gold, same ****, and I already signed the form they ask me to sign when I collect the new phone, it says that will be the final solution for my complain......LoL. I never expect this can be a general problem for a Samsung product, I thought I was just "lucky" enough received a faulty phone upon purchasing. An exchange shall resolve the problem already. Who knows the result is like this and Samsung just keep silent pretend the problem never exist and keep ask people to factory reset the phone despite so many people say already tried it. And I'm an other live evidence to prove that the factory reset won't work. 😢

I would return it to Samsung under warranty and have them fix it then.