T-Mobile Note 5 112.67 mb update

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My Android Services usage went way up after the update. I'm hoping that was just the usage while it was performing the update. Thus, I am topping off my phone to reset the battery stats.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is wrong with the auto brightness? I use it all the time walking around campus in direct sunlight to buildings and classrooms and it's perfect for me.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is wrong with the auto brightness? I use it all the time walking around campus in direct sunlight to buildings and classrooms and it's perfect for me.
I'm on At&t, but mine will auto-adjust to get brighter, but not the other way around.

So walking from a dim room to a bright room (or outside) the screen will get brighter... but going back to a dim area, it stays bright.

Turning the display off and back on again will set the correct brightness level again for current lighting conditions.

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm on At&t, but mine will auto-adjust to get brighter, but not the other way around.

So walking from a dim room to a bright room (or outside) the screen will get brighter... but going back to a dim area, it stays bright.

Turning the display off and back on again will set the correct brightness level again for current lighting conditions.

Hmm, I'm not having this problem, or at least I'm not noticing it. I'll have to test it when I step back outside.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue with mine, on VZW. It happened on my first note5 too. The dimness is way too dim, and just not comfortable. I turned it off and manually set it now.

am1983

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues connecting to wifi? I can't connect to any network after this update. And I am missing the camera icon on the phone dialer.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have. I can't seem to connect to wifi at all. Very frustrating. I don't want to factory reset either.

Well if you don't have the video camera and having WiFi issues, it could be a corrupted download.

If that is the case, couple options, he the update reflashed, which you will need to set the phone up again, which means might as well try a reset first. If it was a bad download then even a reflash might not help, which means sending it to Samsung and having the OS removed and out back on. Today is two days from release, if it has been 14 days you can return it for a swap out for a new one, but they will require a reset first.

I don't do many OTA updates, I usually take my phone to Best Buy and have it flashed. I will do small ones like this, but you never know if a WiFi signal is going to drop.

am1983

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Did a master reset and it still didn't work. Called T-Mobile and was told to return the device because it is defective. Thanks for the help.